Lite-On Optical Drives Combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamthakkar

Broken In
After reading a lot on this forum, I have come to conclusion that Lite-On Optical Drives are the best. Correct me, if I am wrong . . .

I am planning to buy Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD-Writer. Along with that should I go for Lite-On CD Writer LTR-52327S or Lite-on LTD165H DVD ROM?

What would be a good option?

Or should I go for a DVD Writer only because I have seen a lot of members advising to go for separate drives?

Also, are the above mentioned drives good?

Could somebody be having info on their warranty & prices in Mumbai region as that would be helpful in making a decision for me.

Thanks,
Shyam

ice

In the zone
What they are talking about is a combo drive, a DVD drive + a CD-RW in one.

A dvd writer is one, that can write dvds. If u can, then go in for the Liteon DVD writer.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well since TECHNOLOGY STOPS FOR NONE
go buy a DVD ROM
dont buy a DVD WRITER unless its AN ABSOLUTE NECESSARY for you
becasue DVD WRITERS are still quite costly wait for the pricces to go down
as of now you can get a DVD Rom

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
shyamthakkar said:
After reading a lot on this forum, I have come to conclusion that Lite-On Optical Drives are the best. Correct me, if I am wrong . . .

I am planning to buy Lite-On SOHW-1633S DVD-Writer. Along with that should I go for Lite-On CD Writer LTR-52327S or Lite-on LTD165H DVD ROM?

What would be a good option?

Or should I go for a DVD Writer only because I have seen a lot of members advising to go for separate drives?

Also, are the above mentioned drives good?

Could somebody be having info on their warranty & prices in Mumbai region as that would be helpful in making a decision for me.

Thanks,
Shyam

Junk the Liteon and get the Pioneer 108D or the Benq 16X dvd writer. Both should be arnd 5.4k. If u are not to bothered to copy dvd's and cd's on the fly dont go for a extra drive. When i doubt abt prices and warranty visit lamington road ;) !

OP
S

shyamthakkar

Broken In
thanks blade_runner

shall make that quick visit

btw, plz visit my thread regarding final configuration and post ur suggestions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom