Lite-on Dvdrw Lh-20a1p

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Devrathnd

I am not able to read or write to DVD+RW from LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P.
i run winxp sp2. i upgraded my firmware to LON

yogi_7272

Broken In
ok . i have same drive ... firmware is "klon" ... now tell me what is the brand of dvd +rw .. is it moser baer ..? if ur firmware is not this .. then update it to this one first and then try :)

casual_gamer

In the zone
I have the same writer, me facing problem with sony accucore dvd+r, the media code is d21. I wasted 2 dvd's yesterday, it writes and suddenly gives the error burn failed. Today i updated to latest firmware KLON, will try again today and see if it burns properly or not.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi Casual gamer and Yogi can you tell me how to update the firmware? I'm also facing the same problem with Liteon.

casual_gamer

In the zone
here's the link *www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=154
in the category select optical storage and select ur dvd-writer model number(LH-20A1P in my case). download and run it. it will take 2 minutes to update writer to latest the firmware.

ajayritik

Technomancer
In one of similiar threads on Updating firmware for Liteon I found that we need to make some changes. Something like DMA.. Any idea about that?

casual_gamer

In the zone
I am not sure if enabling DMA is a must for firmware update..but mine is enabled. In DMA mode, the speed is almost 4 times that of PIO mode. for great speeds and burns its good to enable it.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Can you tell me how to check whether I'm in DMA mode or PIO mode? So according to you DMA mode is better thatn PIO? Please let me know how to change if its not in DMA mode

casual_gamer

In the zone
ajayritik said:
Can you tell me how to check whether I'm in DMA mode or PIO mode? So according to you DMA mode is better thatn PIO? Please let me know how to change if its not in DMA mode
check out this nice tutorial with images, it will be much easier for u than me explaining *www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

If your motherboard is Intel and if u have installed Intel Application Accelerator software, then DMA will be enabled by default.

ajayritik

Technomancer
After updating with latest firmware for my Liteon DVD Writer I still face the same problem. My Writer doesnt recognize a DVD RW disc. When I tried to burn it in my friend's computer I'm able to burn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom