Status
Not open for further replies.

desmond_315

Broken In
yeh guys

bored with windows....wanted to check out linux...havin problems with installin....i wanna keep my windows xp too...how to partition my 40gb disk without loosin ne data..also how do u get into dos mode without windows running in the back ground?

thanks

startmenu

Broken In
Hey desmond , hello . You asked this question in the wrong section . There is an exclusive section "Open Source" for all linux queries and discussion. A similar thread is running below
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36717

go there , read the thread completely and you should be getting started with your linux installation . Good luck.

nach p

Journeyman
Plz........ Post it in Open Source.

Btw which distribution you want to use.
To install Linux you have to allot diffrent space ,for that necessery to partition .
Backup data and create partition .Do it either manually or use soft like Partition Magic .

Just Search the Open Source Section ,you will get all details regarding u r queris ,and any questions regarding Linux then post it in ( Open Source )

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Desmond, If you are looking forward to try Linux and want to keep your xp installation intact, I suggest you should start with live cds. Get hold of Knoppix, boot with it .. And you will have the best of Linux experience ...
Install when you feel comfortable with partition table editing and command line ..

Satissh S

Youngling
The only disadvantage however is that, there will be a misconception, "Linux Sucks, It's damn slow!!" :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom