Status
Not open for further replies.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi all
I m a total beginner in the world of Linux....at the level 0...and i m beginning using Linux on VirtualBox...I know only C and little Java .....so i had few doubts

1) For a total beginner like me..which is better...i have Ubuntu 8.04, Fedora 8 and openSuse 11 with me.

2) I tried Fedora 8...all was fine...i loved the eye candy....but wen i tried to update or install any package i get an error with following messege

"Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: acpacks. Please verify its path and try again"

is it normal???
i googled it but forums explained it in complex terms

3)can I use my Nvidia card with Linux through VirtualBox???

hullap

Cyborg Agent
er sorry i didnt see your siggy
IMHO you should download mint *www.linuxmint.com/download.html
u can install the nvidia driver in it
afaik its the 177 beta

NucleusKore

TheSaint
OpenSUSE 11.0

and instead of going by personal recommendations of myself or anyone else please read this section. It will help you make an objective and informed choice.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91680

OP
ionicsachin

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@hullap
i m using VirtualBox. so the problem is how to use nvidia card thru virtualbox

@nucleusKore
yeah finally installed openSuse 11, and i began learning thru online beginners tutorials

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
1) For a total beginner like me..which is better...i have Ubuntu 8.04, Fedora 8 and openSuse 11 with me.
Any of them should be fine. Although I personally prefer Ubuntu.

2) I tried Fedora 8...all was fine...i loved the eye candy....but wen i tried to update or install any package i get an error with following messege

"Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: acpacks. Please verify its path and try again"
Don't distro hop because you get an error. The more time you try it out and troubleshoot it the more experienced you will become.

3)can I use my Nvidia card with Linux through VirtualBox???
No I dont think you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom