Linux graphics problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj27july

Journeyman
I had installed OPENsuse 10.2 about 1 month ago. But due to graphics problem, i had to uninstall it a day after its installation. The problem is that when i set my resolution to 1024x768, the screen is blurred. It isn't possible to even see anything clearly. Its blurred a lot. But in Windows XP (my primary OS), the screen is very fine at 1024x768 resolution. I thought that there might be some problem with the dvd, so i installed another distro, but the same problem existed there also. I have tried fedora 5, ubuntu and mandriva also. But the same problem exists there also. I even set the screen refresh rate to the same value as in linux as it is in windows. But it didn't help. I set all the properties in linux as they are in use in windows. But this also didn't help. But at 800x600, linux works fine. And during the installation of the distro, i even set linux to use VESA graphics at 1024x768 resolution. But this also didn't do it.
I have intel original i845 chipset.
I don't understand why this problem exists with me. I really want to shift to linux, but this problem is not allowing me to do so.
So now i have decided you linux experts about this problem. Please help me....

cranky

Broken In
Do you have an ATI graphics card that u forgot to mention? If so, then read this, it may help:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51535

eddie

El mooooo
Post your monitor model. Also, upload your xorg.conf file somewhere and link it here. Type the command "sax2" (without quotes) in a command line and set your graphics properties in the next window that comes up. Under sax2, don't choose VESA rather choose i810 (or something related to intel) for your graphics card. On-board graphics of i845 is a supported model and should work without any problems with official drivers.

OP
aj27july

aj27july

Journeyman
i have tried it all. it does not seem to work. i will install OPENsuse again and try your method eddie (bcoz i have uninstalled linux).
;)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I have the same monitor and almost same mobo. Mine is a 845 Asus mobo, but I get my ubuntu up on 1024x768. Dunno what is going wrong on your end.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
I've a similar problem with my nvidia 6100 chipset..

I've got an Acer713 monitor. Dapper recognises the monitor but my IGP isn't recognised... As a result I'm not able to get complete performance out of my card and the the resolution is stuck at 1024x768 max. Any suggestions?? I tried installing the latest nVidia drivers.. But I was unsuccessful in installing it. I always get some error stating that somethng or the other is missing...

OP
aj27july

aj27july

Journeyman
ya kaustav_geek, i too tried intel 845g graphics drivers from *support.intel.com but i also got some error stating that some complier is missing.
therefore i was frustrated. so i uninstalled OPENsuse 10.2
i am not thinkin of installing another linux OS before i get a new pc.

thanks all for such your help.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
kaustav_geek said:
I've a similar problem with my nvidia 6100 chipset..

I've got an Acer713 monitor. Dapper recognises the monitor but my IGP isn't recognised... As a result I'm not able to get complete performance out of my card and the the resolution is stuck at 1024x768 max. Any suggestions?? I tried installing the latest nVidia drivers.. But I was unsuccessful in installing it. I always get some error stating that somethng or the other is missing...
Follow *ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Edgy#How_to_install_Graphics_Driver_.28NVIDIA.29 to install nvidia drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom