Linux-2.6.25 released,got Linux BSOD too =D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Linux Gets Kernel-Based Modesetting

"Next month when Fedora 9 is released it will be the first Linux distribution with support for kernel mode-setting, which is (surprisingly) a feature end-users should take note over. Kernel-based modesetting provides a flicker-free boot process, faster and more reliable VT switching, a Linux BSOD, and of most interest is much-improved suspend/resume support! The process of moving the modesetting code from the X.Org video driver into the Linux kernel isn't easy, but it should become official with the Linux 2.6.27 kernel, and the Intel video driver can already use this technology. Phoronix has a preview of kernel-based modesetting covering more of this new Linux feature accompanied by videos showing the dramatic improvements in virtual terminal switching."

-via /.

*linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/04/19/2314219

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Ah very nice, Fedora brought out SELinux, then PulseAudio and now this.

Though I didn't understand monitor switching videos, what was the fuss there.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@hitbox:now kernel will start with vesa driver incase of a X crash :D thats what I understand.
although Xorg did the needed when X fails,it simply shows us a VT to login and fix the problem :D

Reg BSOD,well waiting to see how it will look like!
^see,we are following M$ in this path-breaking technology(BSOD) :lol:

...and did anybody noticed that fedora is miles ahead in latest tech incorporated into system when compared to Ubuntu?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@hitbox:now kernel will start with vesa driver incase of a X crash :D thats what I understand.
although Xorg did the needed when X fails,it simply shows us a VT to login and fix the problem :D

Reg BSOD,well waiting to see how it will look like!
^see,we are following M$ in this path-breaking technology(BSOD) :lol:

...and did anybody noticed that fedora is miles ahead in latest tech incorporated into system when compared to Ubuntu?
But still they can't make yum faster:|

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
lol and btw
paraka join facebook , orkut and educate n00bs about linux
your evangelism not much of no/less use here. fanboys will stick their ground ;)

those poor n00bs really need help to switch in there

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
@gary:yes,yum...they may make it easier maybe.

@akshai:I am here to see the slow change of fanboys to FOSS ;)

aa...I will stop my Linux evangelism then :D

vaithy

In the zone
H..mmmm as a patented technology by exclusive for M$ only how come Red Hat allowed BSOD in Linux.. are they prepare for thousands year war with M$.. ( Steve Ballmer is not available for comment.. at present he he is busy with his I.P lawyers to drafting patent violation suit against RH)

Vaithy

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
But still they can't make yum faster:|
use apt if you consider that little thing so much...

yum is much more advanced than apt which shows you the description, changelog, size (in a unit meaningful to us), etc. which apt doesn't.

And yum also has plugin support :) :) :)

Has any linux user here had a kernel panic?

Its rare

H..mmmm as a patented technology by exclusive for M$ only how come Red Hat allowed BSOD in Linux.. are they prepare for thousands year war with M$.. ( Steve Ballmer is not available for comment.. at present he he is busy with his I.P lawyers to drafting patent violation suit against RH)

Vaithy

hahahhahah.... what other job can he do ? :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom