LGA 775 Core2-Quad - left out in cold.... ?

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
I was thinking that if production for latest core2-Quads i.e Q9650 and Q9550S has been discontinued or not ?

IF its so then i m in cold out there with LGA 775... coz i wont be upgrading my intel until next 2 years.

Also the core2 Quads have become a rare species for fast... like just in a year..

I m having q6600 and ill be sad if i wont be able to upgrade to Q9550S next year or so....

So whats your opinion about the availability of Q9550S + quads next year ?

amd4life

Broken In
Availability will be an issue..since AMD;s fusion&also intel's sandybridge is goin to debut..i doubt whatever socket77s may become extinct by then..your best option is buy within few months time rather than waiting or else you need to buy secondhand...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Q9550 are scarce to find. Seriously. I my self got a second hand unit from my E7400. Keep a browse on the Techenclave market section, might see one crop up. Retail wise they are far too expensive.

rajan1311

Padawan
do check the community markets on Erodov and techenclave regularly, that is your best bet, even if a new one is available,it will be costly (10k odd).
I was looking to sell my chip,then decided not to as people dont value it at all...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Man you should have told me. Unlocked Mx, would have done wonders with it.

A new Q9550 would still hit a tune of 13-14K.

rajan1311

Padawan
@asingh:if you are serious, i dont mind swapping, my processor is sitting at stock clock, that too undervolted....just that it carries no warranty,so use Ln2 if u can risk it...

Top Bottom