LG Optimus L9 - Short Review

rakeshmarar

Broken In
Can anyone tell me how to take screen shots in JB... When in ICS, i could take screen shots by pressing home + volume low key but it's not working now.

rakeshmarar

Broken In
Is it possible for me to connect my L9 to my Tv (Samsung eh led series) and watch movies stored on the sd card? My tv has a usb and hdmi port:confused:

dreamchaser

Broken In
ghost call problem??????????
Actually my phone is unable to make calls or receive calls even with full signal..when i call any #..it stays in dialing and does n't connect..and @ the same time unable to receive calls as well( it says my mobile is switched off even when it is on)...went to service centre but of no use..... restating my mobile fix the problem but it repeats after some time ( in 2,3 days)....so what can i do???????????thanks in advance

rakeshmarar

Broken In
Hello Guys!!

Have anybody missed AUTO BRIGHTNESS feature in L9 because lack of Ambient Light Sensor

If yes, the don't worry. I have an easy solution for Auto Brightness, Yes you can use Auto Brightness on LG Optimus L9:victory:

NO ROOT REQUIRED

Download and install These two app from following links:-

Lux Auto Brightness

Tasker

After Installing these apps follow these steps:-

Lux Auto Brightness:-

* Go to Lux settings
* Tap on Sample Collection
* Tap on Select light reading source
* Select Camera
* Then get back to main settings menu
* Tap on Mopdify linked samples
* Tap on Luma TAB
* Tap on ADD, set brightness (yello bar) to 4% Luma value to 1 and press ADD
* Add 3 more links with these values= 35%-70|100%-80|50%-120|
* Exit Lux

Tasker:

* Open Tasker, tap on Plus Gign(+) on main screen
* Tap on Event
* Select Display in Event Category
* Select Display On in Display Event
* A blank screen will appear, do nothing just press BACK Button
* TAP on New Task +
* Enter Name to task or just tap on tick
* A blank screen will Appear, tap on Plus Sign (+)
* Select Plugin from action category
* Select Lux Plug-in
* Tap on Edit Button
* Scroll Down and Tick in front of Refresh Backlight brightness? Under Force
* Press Done, then press back and back again
* Exit Tasker

Thats all work to do, now your dvice have Auto Brightness feature:silly:

To test, just press power button and lock the screen and then cover front camera with finger and press power button again, screen will Light up wait 1-2 seconds, Screen brightness will reduce, remove finger, lock unlock screen and brightness will resume to normal.

I have tested this for full day on my L9 and got no any battery drainage.
You can modify Linked Samples Values to your comfort zone for batter sample values you can also search other XDA forums.

Guys try it and let me know how you feel 
if you got any issue please post, I'll try to solve it (Coz m also new to TASKER & LUX so may be it will take little bit time to Solve:fingers-crossed

EDIT: You can uncheck "Presistent notification" in general settings of Lux Auto Brightness, If you think it is draining your phone's battery. This will also disable the annoying Lux icon from notification.

All thanks to gdjindal at xda forums :beer:

Rakeshmarar, did your battery discharge problem got sorted? I updated mine too but battery drainage in standby is huge. Googled around and it is supposed to correct itself over a few charging cyclds. Did that happen with you?
Btw, thanks for the auto brightness tip :-D

rakeshmarar

Broken In
Looks like we already have a successor.
The L9 II

*www.engadget.com/2013/06/02/lg-opt...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget
Sent from my LG-P760 using xda premium

gmg9

in the kaya
so, my lg optimus one was stolen.... hav to buy a new android..

was looking at MMX a116. but then suggestions given, LG L9 / Xperia L / Galaxy S Advance...
now am confused...

lg l9 ----
1. no otg
2. rooting issue (users find it difficult to root)
3. not that much xda support
4. probably will not get future updates from LG (its got jb nw)
5. anyone played nova 3 or similar games on it? any issue?
6. poor camera quality
7. ghost call problem (reported by some users)

where as within 14k , am getting
1. quad core (though cortex a7)
2. otg support
3. better camera quality (as reported by users)
4. led indicator
5. dual sim

now many says its a indian crap, but many r happy with it. though worse after sales service. but its Micromax.
so i am totally confused right now. can u guys plz suggest me which one to buy...

Man, am considering reverting back to ics if this battery drainage doesn't fix itself with time.
Should I do a backup, hard reset and restore or flash the device?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Man, am considering reverting back to ics if this battery drainage doesn't fix itself with time.
Should I do a backup, hard reset and restore or flash the device?

Is it possible to rollback back to ICS. Man JB is real battery killer. It giving me only 12 hours of backup.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I saw a post after JB update LG unlocked the bootloader for L9, is it true? If yes then why still rooting the device is tough. Kill yourself LG :-x

@Gmg9: Get Sony Xperia L

rakeshmarar

Broken In
I saw a post after JB update LG unlocked the bootloader for L9, is it true? If yes then why still rooting the device is tough. Kill yourself LG :-x

@Gmg9: Get Sony Xperia L

Also no one here on TD seems to have rooted their L9...So cant really take a risk of rooting it now...Will wait for a few months atleast and try rooting it lest a smipler foolproof method comes through !

What i think that's draining our battery is Google now.. I've turned it off to see if it would help the problem and it did!
But that's just me , you guys should try disabling it and see it for yourselves.
If you don't know how just tap the google search widget and then press menu > settings > Google now OFF.
I hope I helped!

This helped a bit....source : xda

Screenshot_2013-06-04-21-35-01.pngScreenshot_2013-06-04-21-35-14.pngScreenshot_2013-06-04-23-29-28.jpgScreenshot_2013-06-05-01-54-35.png

:shock::oops::lol::mrgreen:

edit: this was with google now on and 2g.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
What's so special with the battery life buddy?

Problem with L9
- You can't root so most of the apps will not work that need root privilege like greenify that increase the battery life.
-Still you can't move apps to ext. sd card. From setting> storage you can only move to the phone SD card.
- Locked bootloader so most of the good dev just ignore this device.
- If you can't root, flash and modify then what's the use of android. :-x
-I will sell the device and will get Sony Xperia SP or Nexus 4

Top Bottom