LG Optimus Black P970??

n70me

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

Iam looking to buy my first android phone nearly after 4yrs.I was browsing through various smart phone's....got across this LG Optimus Black P970 one...

can anyone suggest is this a good buy?
Any problems with this phone?
how is the battery life of this phone for a normal use?

Thanks,

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if your budget is 20k (price of Optimus Black), then look for Nexus S or Galaxy S. get Optimus Black only if you are ready to root the mobile & install custom roms. else, for now this is not a good buy.

OP
N

n70me

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

@Sam

I really didn't understand what you have said as iam new to this Android.

I opted LG Optimus Black P970 as iam interested with its looks.

let me if there are any problems with this phone?

Any Optimus black user here please share your experience.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi,

@Sam

I really didn't understand what you have said as iam new to this Android.

LG has added some custom theme & removed or tweaked certain files of Android operating system making the mobile buggy. it has random restart issue, call reception issue, etc.

so if you want Black only, wait till the gingerbread update. it should fix most/all the problems but for now, with so many problems spending 20k is not wise.

though most of the bugs can be fixed by installing a custom rom (unofficial Android operating system. user/DEVs fix problems & release a file that you have to install manually overriding the Operating system that LG shipped with).

I have been looking for a new phone myself and O:Black has been on my radar. I have gotten a hands-on demo of the phone.

Pros:
  • Excellent look and feel, sleek
  • Great screen, brightest display
  • Gingerbread update available (the guy at the showroom told me)
  • Epic front video-call camera: 2 MP

Cons:
  • Poor battery life, unless you shut some applications' feeds
  • Average camera/music performance
  • Feels brittle/delicate, might not survive a fall

Top Bottom