LG LCD TV Blues: Repair from LG, or Karol Bagh Zindabad?

domin8r

Journeyman
Mods, I couldn't find an appropriate forum for this, and the hardware forum does say all the queries that don't fit it in other sections, go here. So I've this LG 26" LCD TV that I bought in 2009, and all of a sudden, the picture went blank a few seconds after switching it on, and the audio follows a few seconds later. The picture then keeps on flickering in and out. I've tried checking the inputs (TATA SKY DTH, PlayStation2), and it seems to be flickering on both of them, so I'm pretty certain it's the TV. Called up the LG customer service center, they tell me that since my TV's out of the warranty, the part being replaced will cost me around 12k. Which brings me to this thread... I bought the TV for 25k, and paying 12k to just get it repaired is quite a stretch. So experts, since the TV is out of the warranty period, should I try my luck at the evergreen Karol Bagh or get the TV repaired at LG for half of what the TV costs?

Thanks for any inputs :|

Deepaks

Broken In
Mods, I couldn't find an appropriate forum for this, and the hardware forum does say all the queries that don't fit it in other sections, go here. So I've this LG 26" LCD TV that I bought in 2009, and all of a sudden, the picture went blank a few seconds after switching it on, and the audio follows a few seconds later. The picture then keeps on flickering in and out. I've tried checking the inputs (TATA SKY DTH, PlayStation2), and it seems to be flickering on both of them, so I'm pretty certain it's the TV. Called up the LG customer service center, they tell me that since my TV's out of the warranty, the part being replaced will cost me around 12k. Which brings me to this thread... I bought the TV for 25k, and paying 12k to just get it repaired is quite a stretch. So experts, since the TV is out of the warranty period, should I try my luck at the evergreen Karol Bagh or get the TV repaired at LG for half of what the TV costs?

Thanks for any inputs :|
Try your luck Karol Bagh. I think that you can get your work done for Rs. 8000 or even less. Else Buy Samsung B2230 Full HD and enjoy tv on it for Rs. 8000 rather than spending 12000 on repair if Your LG LCD does not deserver Rs. 12000 Repair.

gameranand

Living to Play
I would rather suggest to buy a new LCD than investing this much to repair a TV which has no warranty now. But try Karol Bagh. If they are repairing at lot lesser then go for it and also ask them for some warranty from their disposal.

Top Bottom