Journeyman
1. Budget?
25k roughly

2. Display type and size?
5" would be perfect

3. Dual sim?
Not needed

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Mainly trying to choose b/w g2 and nexus5, but other options from reputed brands are also ok.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Camera should be decent. Heard the camera is not that good in nexus 5.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android (Using wp 8.1 and wanna move to android)

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
I don't know if these phones supports 4G in India. But it would be a plus if it did. 3G must obviously.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
I do play games occasionally, try out new apps, take good amount of photos. And my main intention of going from windows to android is to learn and enjoy the flexibility or customization.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
LG G2 or Nexus 5.

10. Any other info that you want to share
I know about OPO, but it's too big for me. Even the 5.2" of G2 is making me a bit reluctant. I'd have got nexus 5 if it had a better battery and camera. Quick android updates appeals to me a lot.
a) I don't care about no of pixels (8M or 13M), but can Nexus 5 take good shots compared to G2, I heard it has a HDR mode which performs quite good.
b) Can Nexus 5 cover a full day with moderate usage? My current phone L720 easily gives me more than a day and I'd be disappointed if I had to recharge my new phone in the middle of the day.
c) How is the UI of G2? I've never really had my own android device, but I'd hate to see unnecessary apps and stuffs running. I'd like minimum stuffs on the phone so that I can try out only the things that I need.

Finally, I really love nexus 5 but the cam and battery are holding me back. And is there any chance it's price will be reduced soon? Since the N6 is coming (or has it come already?). Experts please throw your views on this and help me out.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
1. Budget?
25k roughly

2. Display type and size?
5" would be perfect

3. Dual sim?
Not needed

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Mainly trying to choose b/w g2 and nexus5, but other options from reputed brands are also ok.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Camera should be decent. Heard the camera is not that good in nexus 5.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android (Using wp 8.1 and wanna move to android)

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
I don't know if these phones supports 4G in India. But it would be a plus if it did. 3G must obviously.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
I do play games occasionally, try out new apps, take good amount of photos. And my main intention of going from windows to android is to learn and enjoy the flexibility or customization.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
LG G2 or Nexus 5.

10. Any other info that you want to share
I know about OPO, but it's too big for me. Even the 5.2" of G2 is making me a bit reluctant. I'd have got nexus 5 if it had a better battery and camera. Quick android updates appeals to me a lot.
a) I don't care about no of pixels (8M or 13M), but can Nexus 5 take good shots compared to G2, I heard it has a HDR mode which performs quite good.
b) Can Nexus 5 cover a full day with moderate usage? My current phone L720 easily gives me more than a day and I'd be disappointed if I had to recharge my new phone in the middle of the day.
c) How is the UI of G2? I've never really had my own android device, but I'd hate to see unnecessary apps and stuffs running. I'd like minimum stuffs on the phone so that I can try out only the things that I need.

Finally, I really love nexus 5 but the cam and battery are holding me back. And is there any chance it's price will be reduced soon? Since the N6 is coming (or has it come already?). Experts please throw your views on this and help me out.

i own a nexus 5 and a Lumia 720 and i will say this - the nexus 5 does impress on many levels including camera and battery life which are often complaints regarding most android handsets but you will notice a significant difference with the the nexus 5
the camera is one of the best in any android phone out there and pictures are very rich and natural,however 1. it falls short in challenging situations like low light where the L720 excels
2.the focus is too slow and i often get very blurry photos
3.the shutter speeds are great and better than what ive seen on my 720 and a few more camera oriented phones but the focus issue really turns this pro into a con
4.battery life is really bad compared to the 720 but its one of the best ive seen from an android handset
it used to last around a day earlier but with the latest lollipop , it lasts only 7-10 hours

android lollipop really ruined the experience for me,it is slow and lags all the time now,battery life has taken a toss,the design looks very gaudy and ios 8-like and i end up using nova launcher now because of this and im considering downgrading to kitkat or flashing CM11
despite all this,its a great buy and when paired with the 720 as a backup phone or vice versa,you have a killer combo
i use both on a daily basis and both never fail to impress despite each others short comings

beingGamer

In the zone
For point a and b go for g2
but if point c is important to you go for nexus 5

He can go for G2 for point c as well. I have G2 and I dont thing its interface is non-userfriendly.
You can highly customize it and you will get used to it within few days.

you can refer to my review here - *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/188149-lg-g2-short-review.html

just to inform you- in that budget you might get the nexus 5 16gb g2 is around 28k for 16gb

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
He can go for G2 for point c as well. I have G2 and I dont thing its interface is non-userfriendly.

you can refer to my review here - *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/188149-lg-g2-short-review.html

just to inform you- in that budget you might get the nexus 5 16gb g2 is around 28k for 16gb

Thanks for linking that review man.... G2 is available for 24.5k @ amazon LG G2 D802 (White, 16GB): Buy LG G2 D802 (White, 16GB) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in... which is why the confusion. How long will it take for G2 to get Lollipop?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Curious since I haven't yet encrypted it. Try a factory reset works for both Nexus 5 and 7 for me.

already tried that still sluggish
i even cleared dalvik cache,rooted,tried tweaks but its a os level issue
alot of people have complaints about it :(

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for linking that review man.... G2 is available for 24.5k @ amazon LG G2 D802 (White, 16GB): Buy LG G2 D802 (White, 16GB) Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in... which is why the confusion. How long will it take for G2 to get Lollipop?

G2 should get lollipop in Q1 2015 only i guess
see both nexus 5 and G2 are great but if the price difference is that little,you might as well get G2 imho unless you want a smaller screen size,its more down to preference really
even one plus one is worth considering if you are adventurous
as for S4,after seeing how my friends are unhappy with S4,i wouldnt recommend it over any of the above mentioned phones trust me
s4 isnt considered bad just for no reason,it has its own set of major issues

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
already tried that still sluggish
i even cleared dalvik cache,rooted,tried tweaks but its a os level issue
alot of people have complaints about it :(

- - - Updated - - -

G2 should get lollipop in Q1 2015 only i guess
see both nexus 5 and G2 are great but if the price difference is that little,you might as well get G2 imho unless you want a smaller screen size,its more down to preference really
even one plus one is worth considering if you are adventurous
as for S4,after seeing how my friends are unhappy with S4,i wouldnt recommend it over any of the above mentioned phones trust me
s4 isnt considered bad just for no reason,it has its own set of major issues

No samsung and no OPO (too big) either. Mostly leaning towards G2 now as it's almost the same size with bigger screen. Two more doubts.
1. G2 has only Gorilla glass 2. N5 even with v3 has so many broken screen issues, right? Even my colleague had a broken screen on N5. So is it going to be worse in G2? Considering both are after all LG.

2. Being 1 year old already how long can I expect LG to keep giving updates for G2? same for N5?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
No samsung and no OPO (too big) either. Mostly leaning towards G2 now as it's almost the same size with bigger screen. Two more doubts.
1. G2 has only Gorilla glass 2. N5 even with v3 has so many broken screen issues, right? Even my colleague had a broken screen on N5. So is it going to be worse in G2? Considering both are after all LG.

2. Being 1 year old already how long can I expect LG to keep giving updates for G2? same for N5?

frankly i see gorilla glass as a gimmick
i used have a black Lumia 720(i got one in red a year later) with gorilla glass and a Lumia 820(spare phone now) which doesnt have gorilla glass
my old black 720 glass broke within a year when it fell from my hand while talking,that was the first time i had dropped it and the glass got a clean cut ie barely noticible but the digitizer underneath was displaced a bit and i started getting "phantom touches" and ended up selling the phone because repairs werent worth it and the phone had alot of scratches etc anyway but since i loved the 720,i ended up buying a new 720,this time in red and touch wood,ive been extra careful ever since

my Lumia 820 on the other hand has taken alot more falls and torture :D but it remains intact except for a few scratches on the back panel(easily replaceable),my parents and i use it from time to time whenever someone forgets to charge the battery on their phone,no network or other issues

assessing the amount of "torture" both phone have gone through,ive frankly seen my 820 last longer even when its dropped on its face etc while my old 720 took a single drop on its side to go bad
so i wouldnt really worry about gorilla glass
i will however add,that gorilla glass is less susceptible to scratches (the 820 does have a few minor scratches near the edges,no issues whatsoever as such)
so it doesnt matter which version of gorilla glass is present on the phone,just get a good silicone case for whichever handset you buy(capdase,amzer and TPU are brands worth considering -in order of preference)
believe it or not,flipcases dont really protect the handset from falls,a silicone does a better job with pure physics

beingGamer

In the zone

I dont think considering gorilla glass version to stay away from g2 for the features it offers in comparison to N5.
You can buy a good case if you are too concerned about the glass getting broken such as this which I bought - *www.digit.in/forum/reviews/188455-heartly-flip-kick-stand-case-lg-g2.html

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Btw the Nexus 5 is quite robust in my experience,ive dropped it accidently multiple times on its face and back with just a capdase cover and it takes fall damage quite well
if not for the cover however,the sides of the phone and the protruding camera is very prone to damage

this is the cover i have on my Nexus 5
Error 500 Server Error

though pretty much any of the mentioned cases should do well

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think considering gorilla glass version to stay away from g2 for the features it offers in comparison to N5.
You can buy a good case if you are too concerned about the glass getting broken such as this which I bought - *www.digit.in/forum/reviews/188455-heartly-flip-kick-stand-case-lg-g2.html

that case is a little extreme but extremely sturdy as well!!
can also be used as a rock for enemies :D :p
jokes apart,i completely agree with your post!

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
[MENTION=265475]anikkket[/MENTION]

Did you buy 16gb version? I'm a little worried that may not be enough...

Can anyone tell me if I can find a better deal than this for 32gb version Access Denied

$hadow

Geek in making

With my statement I was referring to bloat free UI. I never mentioned that UI is sluggish or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

5.0.1 will fix many of your bugs [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

Top Bottom