LG 22mp68vq issue

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I bought LG 22mp68vq.
But to my surprise, I can't use this monitor with my GPU's DVI/HDMI ports.
Its just shows blank screen(even in post) and the monitors' power LED indicator is static(same as in a case of successful connection).

Here is what I did(Sorry for the long post, I've wasted my weekend trying to figure this out)

-Switched to the APU and powered up the monitor with inbuilt card in my A105800k.
-It showed the post screen and I can switch to boot options as well( the same can't be done with connection from GPU)
-But there is again black screen after the post, so I switched to safe mode and set the startup option as: "safe mode with base video".
This let me boot into windows, and from there I ran DDU to remove all graphic drivers.
-I noticed that if I try to switch the screen resolution to 1080P(display setting) the screen goes blank and I had to wait for it to revert to default.
After that I installed AMD legacy GPU drivers and it worked fine at 1080P.(DVI port)
-The display randomly switches to low resolution but I'm not sure why. But the screen was functional.

All this above is done on the integrated graphics.

-To check if my GPU is bad or not I connected it with a VGA cable(using DVI to VGA converter on GPU side and connecting the monitor with VGA input).
-the screen shows successful connection, and I'm able to use it.
Now I plugged in the HDMI cable while the VGA as the primary connection, it showed up on the Nvidia control panel as second monitor.
From there I setup custom resolution and turned off the overlaying as instructed on below article
Correcting HDMI Colour on Nvidia and AMD GPUs | PC Monitors.

-After all this I switched the input from monitor and IT WORKED.
I can see output from HDMI now, but this is not permanent. I've to do this in each restart and and the chances of output with HDMI is low, most of the time if I plug the HDMI cable while the VGA is also plugged in the screen goes black.

It is really frustrating trying to figure if I bought a defective monitor or the GPU is bad.
Please help me out guys...

My system configuration is:

Amd A10-5800k
ASUS F2A55-M LK2 PLUS
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ
Seasonic S12II 520
Samsung 750 EVO
WD 500GB/1Tb drive & 2TB Seagate drive
Nvidia 960

Last edited by a moderator:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all you don't say "card" when talking about APU/cpu with integrated graphics."Card" is only used when there is an "actual graphics card" installed in a pci-e slot.As far as I know APUs do not support simultaneous graphics output so only use hdmi & then see if it solves your issue."Dual graphics" feature of AMD "A" series processors is for use with a "card".

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
First of all you don't say "card" when talking about APU/cpu with integrated graphics."Card" is only used when there is an "actual graphics card" installed in a pci-e slot.As far as I know APUs do not support simultaneous graphics output so only use hdmi & then see if it solves your issue."Dual graphics" feature of AMD "A" series processors is for use with a "card".
The screen with Apu worked fine but i never paired it with descrete card.
I removed the 960 before checking with the integrated one.

And when I put back the 960 in, the intergrate gpu was disabled.
I'm not connecting the monitor with apu+gpu.

Right now the monitor is working with vga port and I'm using dvi output of the gpu with a conveter to connect.

The problem is the monitor is only working with vga input and when i try to connect it using HDMI/DVI ports on the gpu it is going black, as if the gpu is tramitting signal which monitor can't show(the best i can put it).

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
something is not exactly clear. you are connecting your monitor's hdmi/dvi to you motherboard's dvi, right? dvi connectors of three types - dvi-I, dvi-D or dvi-A . From the manual of your motherboard, it has dvi-D and monitor is dvi-D as well. so you must be having a dvi-d cable too . it should work without any problem. probably a dvi port problem. best you can try is connect yjr monitor to another system with dvi or connect another monitor with your system.

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
yes, when i first connected it to my motherboard's dvi output it was going to black screen.
Later I got it working by installing AMD drivers for the APU. So it is working with IGP .

That is why I thought that maybe GPU is bad because it is going straight to black screen .(Using HDMI/DVI)
But working when connecting with VGA, so it is a connection/wire problem(maybe?)

I don't have another PC with me to check the screen, but maybe I'll take the GPU to friend's place to check.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I used the same monitor for 4 months until I sold my desktop.
When I was using an nvidia GTX 660 card with an HDMI cable, the monitor displayed correctly but when I was using RX560 with an HDMI cable, it did not even post. So I started using a DVI-D cable and is displayed correctly.
Also the point to note here is that any nvidia card when switching between an iGPU and discrete GPU its just very smooth and we don't need to switch the DVI-D cable between the outputs but while using an AMD card switching between an iGPU and discrete GPU is how we need to do.
When we are using an AMD card then we need to switch the DVI-D cable between the motherboard & GPU outputs + we need to change the iGPU and GPU settings in the bios or set it to "Auto" otherwise it won't post in this LG 22MP68VQ-P monitor

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
On the bios, the default/first output is the gpu.
I've raised a ticket with LG support team.

The technician will visit to check, but I already know that he will point out to the gpu as faulty.

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Some updates...

The technician told me that he'll come and take the screen to the electrician/tv shop near to my house for checking.
I refused and asked him to bring wires/whatever tools they've.
The ticket was closed because we never came to an agreement, the guy was rude so there were back and forth arguments.

I raised the ticket again thinking i should take any support they are providing even though if the tech guy is going to take it to local shop, then I can do it myself; don't really needed him to come.
But once again we had back and forth argument on this and he finally caved and came with a device to check the signal/output of the screen.
The box was connected to the screen and it showed the screen is working as per him.
Side note- I procure a r7 250x from a friend and the screen was not working with it as well.

Me and a friend bought this screen toghether(same model), so I still had his screen to check in order to rule out that my pc is at fault even though i checked my monitor with another gpu.
The lazy bastard gave me his screen after two weeks.
I checked his screen this morning and it is working flawlessly with my pc.

I've raised another ticket today.
Now I'm going to show the "technician" that the monitor is faulty and wherever test he did was bs.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Some updates...

The technician told me that he'll come and take the screen to the electrician/tv shop near to my house for checking.
I refused and asked him to bring wires/whatever tools they've.
The ticket was closed because we never came to an agreement, the guy was rude so there were back and forth arguments.

I raised the ticket again thinking i should take any support they are providing even though if the tech guy is going to take it to local shop, then I can do it myself; don't really needed him to come.
But once again we had back and forth argument on this and he finally caved and came with a device to check the signal/output of the screen.
The box was connected to the screen and it showed the screen is working as per him.
Side note- I procure a r7 250x from a friend and the screen was not working with it as well.

Me and a friend bought this screen toghether(same model), so I still had his screen to check in order to rule out that my pc is at fault even though i checked my monitor with another gpu.
The lazy bastard gave me his screen after two weeks.
I checked his screen this morning and it is working flawlessly with my pc.

I've raised another ticket today.
Now I'm going to show the "technician" that the monitor is faulty and wherever test he did was bs.

Just drop a mail to their HQ's in South Korea for faster processing of this complaint.

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
The same technician came yesterday and was finally convinced that the screen is faulty.
After doing his job by checking the monitor myself, he was convinced.

He told me yesterday that it will be replaced but today I got the call that the screen will be repaired as there are no DOA's after 18 days.

This is f@#$g ridiculous, all this time was wasted because the tech guy was incompetent.
And I had to ask freinds for gpu/monitor for checking.

I'm escalating this to the higher ups now.
I've this email id with me-serviceindia@lge.com

Can someone please help me find the email for the korea HC?, I'm on phone and can't find it.

Flash

Lost in speed
You tried their grievance already?
LG: Mobile Devices, Home Entertainment & Appliances | LG USA

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
You tried their grievance already?
LG: Mobile Devices, Home Entertainment & Appliances | LG USA
Not for this "no DOA" bs, but i did emailed the india service id about the tech guy telling me to have the monitor checked at local repair shop.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The same technician came yesterday and was finally convinced that the screen is faulty.
After doing his job by checking the monitor myself, he was convinced.

He told me yesterday that it will be replaced but today I got the call that the screen will be repaired as there are no DOA's after 18 days.

This is f@#$g ridiculous, all this time was wasted because the tech guy was incompetent.
And I had to ask freinds for gpu/monitor for checking.

I'm escalating this to the higher ups now.
I've this email id with me-serviceindia@lge.com

Can someone please help me find the email for the korea HC?, I'm on phone and can't find it.

sungil.wi@lge.com
lgpr@lge.com
lg.membrane@lge.com
bj.koo@lge.com

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
I've received the replacement yesterday.
It is working fine.

But they did closed the ticket on Saturday without contacting me. I had to follow up with them to know what is happening.

The Lg support is stupid as it can get.
There was not a single call made to me for the issue/updates, i had to retrieve the contact info and call the office incharge myself.

Not going to buy anything offline now, atleast i would have replace/refund option with Amazon.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've received the replacement yesterday.
It is working fine.

But they did closed the ticket on Saturday without contacting me. I had to follow up with them to know what is happening.

The Lg support is stupid as it can get.
There was not a single call made to me for the issue/updates, i had to retrieve the contact info and call the office incharge myself.

Not going to buy anything offline now, atleast i would have replace/refund option with Amazon.

Sorry to know about your experience.

Anyway as for amazon if 10 days are over post delivery there's no return / replacement. Amazon has made their return / replacement policy complicated than before - same goes for flipkart.

We as consumers has very limited rights here and stores / e-commerce sites likely to go as they wish and same goes for many manufacturers.

OP
zapout

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Sorry to know about your experience.

Anyway as for amazon if 10 days are over post delivery there's no return / replacement. Amazon has made their return / replacement policy complicated than before - same goes for flipkart.

We as consumers has very limited rights here and stores / e-commerce sites likely to go as they wish and same goes for many manufacturers.
This was my first DOA experience and was expecting better support for it compared to non DOA ones.
I make myself go through the return/refund policy of each online purchase but I'm not this active/proactive for offline purchases.

This whole thing was due to lack of "proper training" of the technician.
I did fill up the feedback form and received a call for the same aswell but not sure how helpfull that"ll be for future issues or if they'll have him train or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom