Lenovo Z580 windows 8 upgrade

.jRay.

Youngling
I purchased a Lenovo Z580, and am thinking of upgrading to win8 for 699 bucks (pretty good deal), i have a doubt for 699 bucks i'll 1get a download, can i write it on a dvd or will it install automatically? and if it just installs over 7 and cannot be written on a dvd what if i want to reinstall it again?

nandu26

In the zone
You have to download the ISO file and burn it to DVD using a program called FreeISO. You can then boot the dvd and install windows 8. remember to install win 8 in a new partition so that you can dual boot.

I think you can also opt for dvd version from Microsoft with extra shipping charges.

OP
.jRay.

.jRay.

Youngling
You have to download the ISO file and burn it to DVD using a program called FreeISO. You can then boot the dvd and install windows 8. remember to install win 8 in a new partition so that you can dual boot.

I think you can also opt for dvd version from Microsoft with extra shipping charges.

Ok, I'll try it then, downloading the update but it didn't tell me to have a DVD ready for burning

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Please go through this thread. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/157778-windows-8-thread.html

dsmarty

Journeyman
Download windows 8 and burn it to dvd or make a bootable USB drive. Don't order the DVD from microsoft, it'l cost 1000 rupees extra. :p

OP
.jRay.

.jRay.

Youngling
Download windows 8 and burn it to dvd or make a bootable USB drive. Don't order the DVD from microsoft, it'l cost 1000 rupees extra. :p

Please go through this thread. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/157778-windows-8-thread.html

Thank you all

Top Bottom