Lenovo y560 random color screen after bootup

trs2099

Broken In
Hi, I have Lenovo y560 with switchable graphics laptop. from the last 2 days when i turn it on, it starts and in the middle of starting it's screen turns into various colors (only one color per boot). is it ram problem?. i already switches rams inside .also my lappy runs on adaptor no battery(it's faulty) can any one suggest where to look at? also it does not restart easily .

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Most probabily
either there is a problem with display screen
or it is a problem of motherboard.

OP
T

trs2099

Broken In
Hi,
the problem is gone and everything was working fine for last 4 days. i even tested memory on different memory slots using memtest86+ 4.20 using usb pen drive it worked fine for 7 passes each in line.swithed off only to change slots and ram. worked good for 4-6 days now it is starting and shutting down. can it be a motherboard problem ?

OP
T

trs2099

Broken In
hi i had 20v 4.5 amp adapter after it broke my seller gave me a 19v 3.42 amp adapter can it be the culprit ? also what are the symptoms for bad charging circuit of battery?

OP
T

trs2099

Broken In
i checked with monarch in pune they told me the laptop is dead. motherboard replacement cost 11000/- battery 5500/- and if i go for buy back i get 8000/- . got to a local chip repairing person. problem was with charging circuit being weak. Replaced it now working fine also told me adaptor of less capacity is fine as long as it does not heat and is original.

Top Bottom