Lenovo A1000 vs Dell Venue 7/8 vs Asus Fonepad 7

animes_d

Broken In
Hi Guys,
I'm thinking about buying a tablet for reading books, surfing net and watching movies basically. Wouldn't mind a good camera also. Anyways I'm thinking about Lenovo A 1000, as it is cheap and do what i want. There are lots of buyer in flipkart also.
But personally i didn't like the looks of lenovo tablet at e-zone. Let alone touching it.
But i liked the Dell 7 and 8 becoz of its RAM and bigger screen size (Dell 8).
Asus Fonepad is not bad also, as it has calling facility and good camera comparing to all above.
All these product are within 16-17k.

I don't know abt Nexus 7 (16gb wifi) and Apple Mini (16gb wifi) although they are near about 16-17k but both of them doesn't have internet facility. Which is i feel very important in Tablet. But also both these models (3g version) have some issues abt 3g facility (as per the flipkart customer reviews). I wld like to know how good 3g models are if i'm willing to pay 7-8k more?

And abt Apple tablet i would like to know what abt these 'You hav to buy all the apps/music/movies from apple store only'. Is that right? Do i have to buy all the things after i buy apple mini? And i can't read the books tht i download from torrent or any music/movies. I guess Nexus would be open to all these?
I'm totally confused. I need a value for money product, so plz suggest. Thank u.

ashs1

Padawan
And abt Apple tablet i would like to know what abt these 'You hav to buy all the apps/music/movies from apple store only'. Is that right? Do i have to buy all the things after i buy apple mini? And i can't read the books tht i download from torrent or any music/movies. I guess Nexus would be open to all these?
I'm totally confused. I need a value for money product, so plz suggest. Thank u.

Nope..not true.
You can copy any PDF file from your PC & read it on the ipad. Same goes for Music as well as Videos.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Dont buy the lenovo one, it has low resolution and hence unsuitable for reading purposes. Dell and Phonepad are better(220 ppi) and easy on eyes. You will enjoy reading on it.

In my experience, 7 inch tablets are better for reading (pure text and resized comics) than 8 inch tabs as they are a bit lighter and easier to hold. 8 incher would be better for reading graphic pdfs and magazines though. If it were me , i would buy Nexus 7 2013 without further deliberation. Amazing screen, amazing battery life what else you need.

What exactly are the complaints regarding 3g capability of nexus 7

Remember, a beautiful screen is like a beautiful wife. If your screen/wife is not beautiful, everytime you look at her , you will feel disgust and curse yourself for having compromised and chosen such an inferior entity. Instead if you chose a beautiful wife/screen, everytime you look at her , your eyes light up and your heart skips a beat and you fall in love more and more.

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
Dont buy the lenovo one, it has low resolution and hence unsuitable for reading purposes. Dell and Phonepad are better(220 ppi) and easy on eyes. You will enjoy reading on it.

In my experience, 7 inch tablets are better for reading (pure text and resized comics) than 8 inch tabs as they are a bit lighter and easier to hold. 8 incher would be better for reading graphic pdfs and magazines though. If it were me , i would buy Nexus 7 2013 without further deliberation. Amazing screen, amazing battery life what else you need.

What exactly are the complaints regarding 3g capability of nexus 7

Remember, a beautiful screen is like a beautiful wife. If your screen/wife is not beautiful, everytime you look at her , you will feel disgust and curse yourself for having compromised and chosen such an inferior entity. Instead if you chose a beautiful wife/screen, everytime you look at her , your eyes light up and your heart skips a beat and you fall in love more and more.

What about Kindle tabs? Are they any good? There is a Flipkart own tab Digiflip Pro. Plz let me knw.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Wouldnt trust the brand digiflip. If you have cash to shell out, buy the nexus 7 2013. Kindle is really good only for reading but. Almost like a book.

OP
animes_d

animes_d

Broken In
Wouldnt trust the brand digiflip. If you have cash to shell out, buy the nexus 7 2013. Kindle is really good only for reading but. Almost like a book.

But the Nexus 3g is 24k which is out of my budget. I can go for 16/32gb wifi but i don't get the internet.
The other options are Asus Fonepad 7 and Dell Venue 7/8.
There is a new kid-in-the-block Acer iconia at flipkart. Howz tht?
I'm wondering how bad it could be, if i'm not having 3g in my tablet?
And if i omit 3g then which one wld be best apple mini (16gb wifi) or nexus 7 (16gb wifi)?
And with 3g Dell venue 8 or Asus Fonepad 7?

Last edited:
Top Bottom