League of Legends

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Re: League of legends community

^ Y U NO make Garena ID

league players here are so fragmented

If you make a step by step tutorial for me and post it here I might :)).
I got a BSNL 4mbps connection recently. I was just gonna go check NA's ping with this.
Also I was saving up for Watchdogs and Wolfenstein New Order but I guess I can download Garena LoL.

rapusa

Journeyman

If you make a step by step tutorial for me and post it here I might :)).
I got a BSNL 4mbps connection recently. I was just gonna go check NA's ping with this.
Also I was saving up for Watchdogs and Wolfenstein New Order but I guess I can download Garena LoL.

I have 4mbps speed but ping remain at 300-400 when playing games with NA servers.Tried on dawngate(MOBA game), ping was 350+ most of time but not as lagy as i expected. Its playable as long as ping remain below 400.

BTW I made my first penta kill today with Teemo ! KDA : 26/6/17. :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Nice man, now you also have tasted blood, there's no going back now :D
PS : Guess I should stop bashing about your Teemo picks now :D

rapusa

Journeyman

I picked garen in previous match and got troll/flammers so i decided to go for teemo and ignore everyone next match. Once i am teemo i don't need to rely on others and I got lucky, they let me solo top lane with teemo.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

I have 4mbps speed but ping remain at 300-400 when playing games with NA servers.Tried on dawngate(MOBA game), ping was 350+ most of time but not as lagy as i expected. Its playable as long as ping remain below 400.

BTW I made my first penta kill today with Teemo ! KDA : 26/6/17. :)

With my new connection I get a constant 360 ping irrelevant of if I am downloading something or not. Extremely smooth and no lag.

Nerevarine

Incarnate

With my new connection I get a constant 360 ping irrelevant of if I am downloading something or not. Extremely smooth and no lag.

360 ping is smooth =_=
once you taste 90 ping, you will reconsider, just ask Rapusa, he used to play on NA too

- - - Updated - - -

Press and hold your right mouse button and change directions quickly.. You will notice there is a slight delay, like 1/2 of a second, that will not happen when you have good ping
advanced moves like jayce combo, lee sin ward jump requires a less ping

Piyush

Lanaya

I can't comment bcoz I havent tried LOL yet. But anyone here who has played both can share his views?

[youtube]2KYmnIPge88[/youtube]

Nerevarine

Incarnate

I used to play the original Dota, the video you posted is completely non biased comparision.. sadly the internet is full of people biased towards either game, and its rare to find such a vid..
One of the biggest reason why older LoL players turned Dota 2 hate Tencent is because of Pendragon who closed the domain dota-allstars.com.. He was later fired for it but the damage was done..
Anyway both games are cool, I do miss the deny mechanics that was present in the original Dota but LoL has some good stuff under it's sleeve as well
Anyways here are the points of both games : (havent played dota 2 much, used to play dota 1 lots)

Dota:
1)Deny Mechanics
2)More active items
3)Day/Night cycle
4)Slightly slower paced
5)Hard snowball against the losing side (Gold loss upon death, etc)
6)High skillcap
7)Towers do less damage
8)All heroes are free
9)The biggest difference is - Heroes are divided into Strength, Agility, Intelligence..
10)No surrender
LoL:
1)Brushes to ambush
2)Manaless champions (energy/rage/blood etc)
3)Slightly fast paced
4)2 Summoner spells
5)Recall button to teleport to base
6)Noob friendly but challenging at level 30 + (No gold loss, constant gold income)
7)Towers are deadly
8)All champions you have to unlock by ingame currency
9)Runes/Masteries to counterpick
10) Champions are divided into AP and AD.. AD champions are rely on basic attacks but AP champions are very different.. Ability power increases the damage you do by your Q,W,E,R abilities in AP based champs.. Autoattacks by AP champs does antbite damage:lol:
11)Can surrender at 20 mins+ (vote based)

I dont know about Dota 2 right now but LoL has a TOXIC community..
Also, many people assume that in League people have to buy champions by real life cash.. This is PARTIALLY true, BUT, unless you are rerolling/creating new account and just want to buy all the stuff u previously owned this totally doesnt make sense.. I have spent Rs 0 /- on buying champions and i have all the champs i need for any ranked match earning via ingame money.. In LoL you develop an arsenal of your champions, You buy the champs you are going to use, to master them to help with picks and counter picks etc
besides, if you want to try champions before buying, every week there's a champion rotation of 14 champs that are free (which is chosen by the community).. You can try before you buy that way
The only thing you cannot buy via ingame currency is Skins which is purely cosmetic

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

I can't comment bcoz I havent tried LOL yet. But anyone here who has played both can share his views?

1.Well DOTA 2 has a very dark setting. League of Legends is relatively light-hearted and comical.
2.DOTA 2 has a lot of game modes, some of which don't make sense(like the one in which players choose abilities of their champs from a pool of abilities). LoL brings out different game modes from time to time and then takes them away.

3.DOTA has no AFK punishing mechanism which I found disturbing. LoL has a very strict mechanism to punish AFKers.
4.DOTA 2 is relatively complex as compared to LoL(3 shops+courier+portal scrolls--->dafuq?)

Piyush

Lanaya

[MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION]
Thanks for those points. And what did you mean by Toxic community? Harsh on newbies?
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]
Dota 2 has punishment criteria too for AFKers / leavers. And we hate it from the core of our heart.
Agree with the ability draft game mode... if Valve cam remove win/loss records for this mode, it will be taken into account in more positive manner than it is as of now.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

[MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION]
Thanks for those points. And what did you mean by Toxic community? Harsh on newbies?
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]
Dota 2 has punishment criteria too for AFKers / leavers. And we hate it from the core of our heart.
Agree with the ability draft game mode... if Valve cam remove win/loss records for this mode, it will be taken into account in more positive manner than it is as of now.

Lemme explain.
NOOB!! UNINSTALL YOU F***TARD!!
DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
ASHE IS FEEDING SO HARD THAT SHE CAN END HUNGER PROBLEMS IN AFRICA.
RETAR*
JUNGLER NOOB!!
PLAY WITH BOTS.

Disclaimer: I refuse to take responsibility for anything typed in this post and this is a pure depiction of LoL community.

Piyush

Lanaya

Oh that... well thats normal in Dota 2 too. So I guess its the same everywhere.

rapusa

Journeyman

I am playing both dota 2 and LOL. I like LOL game-play more as it is fast paced and less trolling possibilities compared to dota 2.
In dota 2 I have seen many trolls that abuse their abilities like hook, toss ...etc while idr any ability in LOL that can be abused so easily. Also if anyone is trolling or noob in your team then that doesn't mean loss of 1 hr as you can always surrender at 20 min unless your team full of trolls, you can even win match as LOL not that punishing in case of any feeder, there always a chance to win a losing match. In dota 2 if there is troll/feeder then its sure loss of match and precious 1hr or leave and go to LPQ crap.
LOL is more about enjoying game and Dota 2 is for stressing your brain to prove you are pro MOBA player. What LOL lack is good GRAPHICS, seriously so cartoonish !
For dota 2, it still need lots of changes in gameplay. I started Moba games by dota 2 but after playing other MOBAs I think dota 2 gameplay still need lots of changes to realy attract gamers for long time.

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz

I play on EUW, IGN is - 619

I mostly play Howling Abyss. Add me if anyone want to play for fun. :)

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

I am playing both dota 2 and LOL. I like LOL game-play more as it is fast paced and less trolling possibilities compared to dota 2.
In dota 2 I have seen many trolls that abuse their abilities like hook, toss ...etc while idr any ability in LOL that can be abused so easily. Also if anyone is trolling or noob in your team then that doesn't mean loss of 1 hr as you can always surrender at 20 min unless your team full of trolls, you can even win match as LOL not that punishing in case of any feeder, there always a chance to win a losing match. In dota 2 if there is troll/feeder then its sure loss of match and precious 1hr or leave and go to LPQ crap.
LOL is more about enjoying game and Dota 2 is for stressing your brain to prove you are pro MOBA player. What LOL lack is good GRAPHICS, seriously so cartoonish !
For dota 2, it still need lots of changes in gameplay. I started Moba games by dota 2 but after playing other MOBAs I think dota 2 gameplay still need lots of changes to realy attract gamers for long time.

I am a LOL player from years now (and I guess im not bad at it :p) and I started dota 2 a month ago or may be less.

I find dota 2 to be having a lot of fun elements compared to LOL - the graphics, item usages, many possible builds for each of the champions, the ability implementation like unpassable terrrains by earth shaker etc

But as you rightly stated, Dota 2 is punishing in terms of no surrenders, camping base rape once you get the turret in base until the minions take the ancient (specially if u have a pudge, its gg), one fed enemy, can carry the game, the unstable and unfriendly leveling up issues etc

All in all, if you find good teams its enjoyable, otherwise the game stresses u a lot more

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Once in DOTA 2 we were badly losing. All my team mates quit. It was 1v5. I was like: THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!!!

Top Bottom