LCD Panel query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Just wanted to know which would be the best LCD panel to use (DVI Input) within 10K.

main priority is Photoshop CS3 and Movies.

Oh and budget can vary from time to time sooo :D

Could anyone list the best displays / price range ?

Under 7k
7-8k
8-9k
9k-10k
10k-12k

Krow

Crowman
For 7k, the best display is Samsung 2033SW IMO.
AOC Fovi F22 @ 8.8k
Samsung 2233SW @ 9.2k
Dell 2209W @ 9.2k

All these are cool monitors. But if you want my personal best recommendation for 10-20k, I will say Dell E2209WA, although I dnno the price. It is by far the best and most VFM LCD monitor around in terms of price to performance ratio.

Krow

Crowman
Xeno, there was a small typo. It appears the model is called Dell 2209WA and not E2209WA.

Link:
*accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-7825

Read:
*www.techspot.com/blog/645/an-edito...y-and-what-to-look-for-on-your-next-purchase/

The only limitation is :
1680x1050 pixels resolution provides sharp and brilliant images of text and graphics
If this were 1920x1080, then it woulda become full HD and so much more cool! :)

Krow

Crowman
^Ah great, but it takes weeks to deliver as Ethan_Hunt can verify. In between I had seen the deal was on hold/closed. But anyway, better get it from your local store @ 13k.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^Ah great, but it takes weeks to deliver as Ethan_Hunt can verify. In between I had seen the deal was on hold/closed. But anyway, better get it from your local store @ 13k.

Yea..it seems Ethan has still not got it.

But local stores do not host DELL products, specially the panels. And at 13K -- 24" is a killer deal.

OP
X

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
24" for 13k is still O_O ! .. hrm I havent even come across the Dell 2209WA which should be around like at 16k

and aren't the samsung lavender series 23.x" ? what's the resolution of the p2350 ?

emmarbee

Journeyman
Best Monitor for the price 16K - 2209WA. Since you are using this for photoshop CS3 purpose, you've got no other choice. Rest all are crap (for photoshop purpose, not for movies/daily usage).

2209wa advantages:
Deep blacks.
Superb contrast.
Great Viewing angles.
And other features like pivot, swivel etc.,

OP
X

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Yep... 16k is over the budget but ill try to get that. Otherwise ill go in for the 2209W for 9.2k

OP
X

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
While that is there, how much would I need to shell on a graphics card (ATi) to support such high resolutions ? Full HD is quite something :p

OP
X

Xeno

AMD - Aaja Meri Darling
Nah I wont be gaming beyond 1180x780. :)

I guess ill shell out more on some better ram (4GB-6GB) ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom