LaunchBox (The Best Emu till date)

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Seems like it relies on external emulators to work. Why not just use the emulators directly?

I see something like this being useful with TV-boxes or Raspberry Pis but not so much for desktops/laptops.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Seems like it relies on external emulators to work. Why not just use the emulators directly?

I see something like this being useful with TV-boxes or Raspberry Pis but not so much for desktops/laptops.
Its like your entire library in one place. AIO GUI for playing all the game with just a click.
Desktop users can enjoy it too.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)

Yup, it does depend on them. Though I feel that it is just a launcher for the games, so you can easily launch all you emulated games from a single place. Though, yup, when I did install this and retroarch, I myself preferred launching games from dedicated emulators rather than that interface.

PS. Bigbox for launchbox is a premium feature, so only hardcore fans will use it with TVs and home theater setups.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Its like your entire library in one place. AIO GUI for playing all the game with just a click.
Desktop users can enjoy it too.
Yeah, but I almost never use Big Picture mode in Steam when on desktop. Same would be true for something like this.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Yeah, but I almost never use Big Picture mode in Steam when on desktop. Same would be true for something like this.
Umm.......... he didn't mention something like Big Picture mode though. Just that it aggregates all your games in one place and the fact that it provides an AIO GUI to make it easier to play games, like I said, Bigbox is a premium feature for Launchbox anyway.

Top Bottom