Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

i wanna know that ARE the low-priced single-core pros. r faster in gaming than the dual-core ones.
So,if i want faster performance in gaming..............which should i choose
Athlon 64 3800+ (socket AM2 and 939) $112
OR
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (socket AM2 only) $152

I know u will say get the dual-core anyway.........cuz it will make my apps. fast also and the price is not too high either BUT keep this in mind that IF i get the AM2 dual-core pro. i will have to get the costlier AM2 MOBO also...........thus inc. price much more.
So, what do u think,which Pro. is suited 4 ONLY gaming.
Also,whats the price of E6600 here.

Last edited:

viper

Broken In
hiii.fellas..
thinkin of upgradin my 6 yr old pc...im gonna keep the monitor n replace rest of the things..
i wanna buy an AMD processor..should i go with dual core or AM2..
i also want to know abt a decent MOBO for AMD processors..
cud anyone give the specification and prices for a mid-range CPU..
tnx...

montylee

Journeyman
Hey Viper, how much is ur budget?
My PC is also 5 years old. Initially my budget was 20K but now i have increased it to 28K bcoz of dual core CPUs.
I am thinking of buying either a Conroe or AMD AM2 X2 depending upon my budget.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
montylee said:
Hey Viper, how much is ur budget?
My PC is also 5 years old. Initially my budget was 20K but now i have increased it to 28K bcoz of dual core CPUs.
I am thinking of buying either a Conroe or AMD AM2 X2 depending upon my budget.

I think both of you will better wait a little since prices are coming down and let it stabilize. That way you will be able to own a better system for the same amount of money.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i am planning to get...3500, and foxcon board , 1gb ram (400), forsa 7600....hope that will amke a good combo for my maya and 3ds max....:),
i hope ican manage this with in the range of 22K

A

AmbarD

rajasekharan said:
i am planning to get...3500, and foxcon board , 1gb ram (400), forsa 7600....hope that will amke a good combo for my maya and 3ds max....:),
i hope ican manage this with in the range of 22K

u can manage within 22k
i

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Cud someone pls qoute the current price of these stuff in KOLKATA.
1) Antec Smart Power 2.0 500W
2) Antec True Power 2.0 480W
3) Antec NEO HE 500W
4) Antec Plusview II chassis.

Actually I want to buy the cabinet and one of the above mentioned PSU. So people any ideas. Also if anyone cud give me an alternative to the plusview II chassis or PSU.......like one with the windowed side panel and good build quality, performance etc. is also welcome.

My budget is around 12-13K max for these two items.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
rahul_becks23 said:
i wanna know that ARE the low-priced single-core pros. r faster in gaming than the dual-core ones.
So,if i want faster performance in gaming..............which should i choose
Athlon 64 3800+ (socket AM2 and 939) $112
OR
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (socket AM2 only) $152

I know u will say get the dual-core anyway.........cuz it will make my apps. fast also and the price is not too high either BUT keep this in mind that IF i get the AM2 dual-core pro. i will have to get the costlier AM2 MOBO also...........thus inc. price much more.
So, what do u think,which Pro. is suited 4 ONLY gaming.
Also,whats the price of E6600 here.

3800+ will be superior to X2 3800+ for games, for a little more time now...

viper

Broken In
hii..
initially my budget was also 20k..but not able to guess how much the latest processors gonna cost..
i hve many doubts..
1.does the AMD dual core support ddr2..is it a 939 or 940 pin??
2.is the dual core faster than the latest proceessor (i think its called am2) which supports ddr2..??

1. yes........its AM2-940 pin
2. am2 supports ddr2 but 939-pins dont............the dual-core pro. r faster in everything than single-core ones except gaming

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Dual core shows around 30% performance improvement in some or more games currently in terms of minimum fps which means better gameplay.

coolsunny

Journeyman
can any one tell me whts the difference betn AMD X2 & AMD FX processors.
which is better. i want to know the price of AMD FX53 proc.is it latest among FX series?

Kniwor

Learner
no, latest is FX-62 which is a dual core processor, processors like FX-53, FX-55, FX-57 are single core and ruled the gaming world for a long time, till only a few months ago, FX-60 is a dual core, each core FX-57, X2 are dual core Athlons, each core is Atlon 64 procy, for Ex AMD X2 3800+ is 2 3200+ in one processor, so yes, FX series is superior to athlon one, but single X2 will be beter than an single core FX procy, dual core FX-62 is the Highest AMD offering.

pops

Broken In
It is one of the most simplest way to get AMD Processor Official Price list!!!
<Simple Use This Link>
*www.amd.com/t3pricing

Top Bottom