Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

raj14

In Deniel
hsnayvid said:
@raj
y cant a DVD Writer make use of bandwidth offered by SATA???
ODDs are mechanical devices and so r HDDs, i think SATA should offer an edge... Please clarify if i am wrong.

what's the maximum speed of Speed of IDE?
133MBps
assuming you buy a 20x DVD Writer and plan to Burn DVDs at 20x
now, in case you don't know, Optical Drives have a warm up time (like printers, only much slower) when you pop the Disk to burn it, it starts at 2x, then 5x, then 5.6x and goes until it reaches it's maximum specified speed. however, this always happens in the end, so even though you're theoretically writing at 20x, you only truly achieve the speed near the end.

why SATA Isn't better than IDE?

well, when you're writing DVDs at 20x, you're burning them at 27.73MBps or 27,050.79 KBps. see you're not even near the speed of IDE (133MBps), forget about SATA (150MBps). well what about CDs? CD reading/writing speed can't be measured the same way as DVDs. in CD reading/writing, "X" equals 150KBps, so you multiply the given number with "X". example: if the CD writer writes CDs at 52x. then it would be: 52 x 150 = 7800KBps or 7.8MBps. you see, neither CDs or DVDs need the bandwidth offered by SATA Drives. of course, i am not saying SATA Drives are worthless, newer motherboards have dropped support for IDE drives, take ASUS P5B Deluxe for example, the mobo has only one IDE port and it's controlled by JMicron IDE Controller, which has POS Drivers and is practically useless unless you manually install "Standard Dual Channel IDE Controller" via Device Manager. the point i am trying to make is that, SATA isn't inferior, but Neither CDs or DVDs will use the bandwidth advantage offered by the standard anytime soon, so unless you're forced by a motherboard limitation to buy a SATA Drive, there's no reason to buy one. as far as Slim Cables go, you can always get rounded IDE Cables which cost less than Rs.100, or you can just buy cable wrapping kit from Vantec or Antec or CoolerMaster and sleeve them yourself.

sagargv said:
wats the price of 8600GT from comps like xfx , zebronics etc..

XFX 8600GT = 8k

in my knowledge, Zebronics haven't launched 8600GT yet. i may very well be wrong.

praka123 said:
wat will be my best option to buy a xfx 7300GT 256 MB RAM card?can i directly buy from rashi peripherals Kochi(ernakulam) depot?or..Madras Guys how about the service of *theitdepot.com ?.what about gurantee/warranty?some Kochin sellers online here:confused:

as far as i know, unless you send Distributors Check/DD they don't let you buy directly from them. eitherway, you will get it cheapest from them since you would be avoiding any middle man costs. TheITDepot.com's support, dunno much but they sell at pretty high rates, some people at TechEnclave have bought from them (i think) try asking there :)

Last edited:

gannu_rox

In the zone
Can anyone pls tell me current the price of the 2 proccys???
C2D E6600...
C2D E6700...

And d best suitable mobo(without any sli or X-fire-cuz I wont use it);
(Is Intel 965 WH a good one???)

Thanx in advance..
Ganesh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
^^ Checkout the theitwares.com for approximate prices. Damnit i know prices since a month but i am out of luck :D E6600 is out of stock in CHD since almost a month. All have those two processors E4300 and E6300 :(

raj14

In Deniel
thats CrossFire not and Not X-Fire. XFire is a game server app.

C2D E6600 - Rs.11,900-13,500
C2D - E6700 - Rs.16,500-17,900

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
raj14 said:
thats CrossFire not and Not X-Fire. XFire is a game server app.

C2D E6600 - Rs.11,900-13,500
C2D - E6700 - Rs.16,500-17,900

lol.....u are really funny dude!!!!!!
Have u ever heard about Christmas?Ever thought why they call it X-Mas?

hey, no offense....appreciate what have u said there & its good to tell everyone whats the correct thing but they also call it X(as in Cross)-Fire.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
10x for the clarification. i got the point! will save bucks for the time being...
thanks for the advice... even my mobo has only one IDE port so i will have to do away with my older drive... which is ready to die any moment!

xsreality

Broken In
I have decided on the following h/w..

• Intel C2D E6300
  • Asus P5N-E SLI
  • Kingston 2GB DDRII 667
  • 320GB SATA II
  • Samsung 19" Widescreen TFT (740BW)
  • XFX 7600GT

Plz give a tentative price list for the abv config... and plz dont quote net prices like ebay or others coz i m not buying on net.. preferably prices around Nagpur.. i think Mumbai prices would be quite same..?

Thanks!

Who

Guess Who's Back
E6300 (2MB L2 cache 1.86Ghz 1066MHz FSB) Rs.7540
Asus P5B-E Rs.8500
320 GB SATAII Rs.3100
2 x Kingston 1 GB Rs.2100 = Rs.4200
XFX 7600GT 256MB Rs.8200
Samsung 19'' 940BW Rs.12300

also please see the rig which i have posted it , it fits you budget perfectly.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
smit said:
Asus P5B-E Rs.8500
320 GB SATAII Rs.3100
XFX 7600GT 256MB Rs.8200

You sure, HDD is that cheap. It is 1200 less than what i find here :confused:

Who

Guess Who's Back
320 GB IDE 7200 RPM Costs around Rs.3700/- also you need to look for the right people in some areas in the city or in some towns people ask more price for the hardware cause they think most people don't know the current price of the hardware (more profit to them).

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
smit said:
320 GB IDE 7200 RPM Costs around Rs.3700/- also you need to look for the right people in some areas in the city or in some towns people ask more price for the hardware cause they think most people don't know the current price of the hardware (more profit to them).

Seriously doubt 320GB SATA II for 3100. Which city u are from ?? :)

Who

Guess Who's Back
i live in a small town near surat which you would never heard of , as for the price of the HDD contact from the masterlist, also it costs Rs. 3500 not 3100 my mistake there. also you find the latest hardware price in india at *www.techtree.com

xsreality

Broken In
smit said:
Asus P5B-E Rs.8500
320 GB SATAII Rs.3100
XFX 7600GT 256MB Rs.8200

hey u hv mentioned ASUS P5B-E... mine is ASUS P5N-E SLI.. or both have the same price?

Prices of 7600GT and 8600GT are almost same.. what's the difference b/w them? will i be able to play games like NFS with both of them?

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
You sure, HDD is that cheap. It is 1200 less than what i find here :confused:

Its the same with me... whatever prices are quoted here, i always find 1-2k more here in nagpur..

Who

Guess Who's Back
xsreality said:
hey u hv mentioned ASUS P5B-E... mine is ASUS P5N-E SLI.. or both have the same price?

i think both are same model but if they charge more don't with the SLI model.

xsreality said:
Prices of 7600GT and 8600GT are almost same.. what's the difference b/w them? will i be able to play games like NFS with both of them?
8600 GT IS DX 10 card with SM 4.0 unlike 7600 GT'S SM 3.0, has more clock speed then 7600 GT , so all in all its faster than the 7600 GT & yeah you can play NFS on both of them.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Hey i wanna ask................ my old mobo ECS p4m800m only supports PATA and SATA harddisks.......... the former wid a transfer speed of 133 mbps n later wid 150 mbps.......

will the newer SATA II (300 mbps) harddisks b compatible wid my mobo incase i plan to upgrade my system later.........
??

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
bikdel said:
Hey i wanna ask................ my old mobo ECS p4m800m only supports PATA and SATA harddisks.......... the former wid a transfer speed of 133 mbps n later wid 150 mbps.......

will the newer SATA II (300 mbps) harddisks b compatible wid my mobo incase i plan to upgrade my system later.........
??
AFAIK i know SATA II Are backwards compatable :)

Top Bottom