Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

grandexemplar

Broken In
Need a lot of help to upgrade my comp!

Hi Everybody,

I'm relatively new to this forum. asically, I’m from Delhi. About a month back my computer copped it. Now I am looking to upgrade my PC to a SLI-based solution. I use my computer for gaming and applications like Fruity Loops, Photoshop, etc.

Now these are the components I’d like to upgrade:

CPU: I have an AMD Sempron 2200+ -----> plan to upgrade to an AMD Athlon 64 3200+.

Mobo: I have an Asus A7N8X-VM/400 mobo -----> plan to upgrade to a MSI K8N Diamond Plus mobo. I quite like this Diamond Plus mobo. The vendor says that Processor-Mobo combo. will cost me Rs. 15700.

RAM: 512 MB (256x2) DDR -----> plan to add add another 512 MB. How much do you think that cost me?

VGA: I have an Inno3D FX5700 with 256 VRAM (yes, I'm blushing) -----> plan to upgrade to a SLI solution. Have earmarked the XFX or MSI 7600GS PCI-E card. The vendor says that a couple of these would cost me Rs. 15000.

Cabinet: I have a Mercury cabinet - nothing to write home about, generic stuff. I want a new cabinet with a 500W SMPS. Need your feedback on what I should settle for. Vendor suggested a ‘Cobra’ model for Rs. 1800 but even that has a 450W SMPS.

UPS: Local Generic make. What about the APC 650VA? Vendor says it'll cost Rs. 2900. Will it be enough to take the load... for instance, I am using my existing 17-inch monitor, 5.1 speakers connected to it. Any other suggestions?

I’ll be spending close to Rs. 36k, if not more, I have a lot of queries in my head and I need a lot of help from you all in making the right choices. Basically to get a bigger bang for the same buck. Another important point, the vendor I spoke is going to deduct the total cost of the upgrade in lieu of the existing components that I replace. How much do you think I could get for my existing components?

• CPU: Are there any alternative recommendations in the same price range from your end: possibly a better/more effective Intel processor-SLI mobo-SLI Graphics card option? Though I've always been an AMD guy, I could just be tempted by your suggestions.

Should I keep my existing Creative Audigy Platinum soundcard or not, given that the MSI Diamond Plus does have a onboard Creative Audigy2 SE chipset?

Hoping to hear from you guys soon...

See you 'round...

sabret00the

Youngling
@grandexemplar: I think:
1)Proc: Intel Core2Duo E6400
2)Mobo: ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe(SLI)
3)1 Gb DDR 2 ram
4)XFX/Leadtek Nvidia 7900GS/GT
5)XFX/Leadtek Nvidia 7900GS/GT (both the graphics cards in SLI mode at 16x full speed)
6)Zebronics Antibiotic tower and Zebronics Platinum 500W smps
how ever this is gonna be very expensive as this is almost the best config...you may get for Intel in India...entirely depends on ur budget...but the above config can provide enough juice to even support a 50" LCD monitor or 21" CRT

Last edited:

vinyas

In the zone
sabret00the said:
3)1 Gb DDR 2 ram
5)XFX/Leadtek Nvidia 7900GS/GT (both the graphics cards in SLI mode at 16x full speed)
how ever this is gonna be very expensive as this is almost the best config...you may get for Intel in India...entirely depends on ur budget...but the above config can provide enough juice to even support a 50" LCD monitor or 21" CRT

wats the Expected Price of this Config ? 35k ?

grandexemplar

Broken In
goobimama said:
Must have not noticed the two 7900's in SLi.....

lol... True! Anyway, how much would a 7900GS come for anyway? I'm not even going as far as asking about the 'GT' flavour! Poor man, that I am!

grandexemplar

Broken In
chesss said:
grand make a seperate thread man

Already did that. Immediately after I posted on this thread. You've got to cut me some slack man - it was my first post on this forum! Neways, all apologies if it offended anyone...

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
sabret00the said:
3)1 Gb DDR 2 ram
other than the zebronics stuff,i checked with one of the dealers in bangalore,they say with gs,it'll cost near rs.60,000

vinyas

In the zone
jz2linkinpark said:
other than the zebronics stuff,i checked with one of the dealers in bangalore,they say with gs,it'll cost near rs.60,000
which

dealer did u check up with ? Computerwarehouse R Damn Expensive & they dont have stocks for E6400 according to there site listings

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
tech_mastermind said:
hey guys quick question....7950X2 in sli=2 gb video memory
Actually it's only 512 MB. Each card has 1 GB and each graphics core has 512 MB. The data is replicated across the cards so there is effictively only 512 MB video memory.

satyamy

Alive Again...
Need Price for Intel P4 Processor 3.0 GhzHT / 1mb Cache
& for 915GV Intel Original Board
in mumbai
& do anyone know a Good Trusted Dealer in Lamington Road, Mumbai

grandexemplar

Broken In
Guys, would appreciate some help here. How much will the following components cost me in Delhi? And d’you know of any good vendors in Nehru Place? Names and numbers please…

1. AMD Athlon 64 3500+.
2. MSI K8N Diamond Plus mobo
3. 1GB DDR2 RAM
4. A couple of 7600GS PCI-E VGA Cards
5. A cabinet with a 500W SMPS.
6. A decent 650 VA rating UPS?

Thanks…

viper

Broken In
hey..guyz..
whats the price of core2duo e6400...??/??i guess its around Rs.13k...i wish E6600 is available bcos its got 4MB cache compared to 2MB cache of E6300 n 6400..

Top Bottom