Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

Third Eye

gooby pls
akshayt said:
1) Amd X2 4800 has been scraped out.
2) 939 cpus will be manufacturer may be only for another 4-6 months or so.
3)Fastest Amd gaming cpu is FX 62 for AM2 socket and general fastest I think is X2 5000. Both of them should be very close in performance. X2 5000 costs around 300$ after price cuts and FX 62 around 500-600$, FX 62 might be a bit better for general purposes as well.
4)Why don't you want Intel Core 2 Duo?
5)Why do you want such a fast cpu, spend on the graphic card.

I have intel's 3.0ghz(2 MB L2cache) cpu but a poor 6600gt.if i buy buy 7900gt,thrn will i able to play elder scrolls with high setting coz my processor is decent.i will add 1 gb more ram.so tell me this config. is ok for elder scrolls

intel 3.0ghz(as i already mentioned above)
nvidia 7900gt
2 gb RAM
intel 915gev mobo

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1) For most current games ( not near future )
Any Amd 64 3000 will beat that dual core cpu.

2)Do you have Intel D 930? The cpu is good enough especially if you can oc it.
RAM :Why do you want to add another 1gb right now. Wait and get 4GB straight.
Even if you buy a 7900GT don't expect to play everything maxed because this game is a lot dependent on the cpu and gpu and neither of the two you have are that great. However I think that mostly you should be able to play at 10X7 high/max without AA(anyway nvidia can't do HDR+AA) and maybe without AF, most probably HDR will be on but something like shadows etc may be low or even med.
7900GT will give you a huge boost. PERIOD
what games you want to play and what settings?

Third Eye

gooby pls
akshayt said:
1) For most current games ( not near future )
Any Amd 64 3000 will beat that dual core cpu.

2)Do you have Intel D 930? The cpu is good enough especially if you can oc it.
RAM :Why do you want to add another 1gb right now. Wait and get 4GB straight.
Even if you buy a 7900GT don't expect to play everything maxed because this game is a lot dependent on the cpu and gpu and neither of the two you have are that great. However I think that mostly you should be able to play at 10X7 high/max without AA(anyway nvidia can't do HDR+AA) and maybe without AF, most probably HDR will be on but something like shadows etc may be low or even med.
7900GT will give you a huge boost. PERIOD
what games you want to play and what settings?

this mean that i have to upgrade my cpu as well as graphic card.i want to play elder scrolls and crysis at max. settings.

Pathik

Google Bot
hey does intel d102ggc2 support dualcore processors... suggest me a good processor for it with price

after the price cuts of AMD processors,which is the best AMD(AM2) processor under 10K now.
Also,tell me a good AM2 MOBO around 5K.

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
even after price cuts the best amd cpu will be >15k, maybe around 20k and FX 62 will be around 30k.

but under 10k you will start getting entry level dual cores from amd.

techmastermind, to play oblvion at 100% max you might need Conroe E6700 + 1900XT CF and I don't think you are willing to spend that much.
Just do this:
Get 7900GT/1800XT or 1900XT if you can.
OC your cpu and get the ram and mobo which supports it if required.
in 100% games with exceptions you wlill be fine.

Third Eye

gooby pls
akshayt said:
even after price cuts the best amd cpu will be >15k, maybe around 20k and FX 62 will be around 30k.

but under 10k you will start getting entry level dual cores from amd.

techmastermind, to play oblvion at 100% max you might need Conroe E6700 + 1900XT CF and I don't think you are willing to spend that much.
Just do this:
Get 7900GT/1800XT or 1900XT if you can.
OC your cpu and get the ram and mobo which supports it if required.
in 100% games with exceptions you wlill be fine.

tell me which one is better ati x1900 xtx or nvidia 7900gtx

they r almost equal buddy.
in some games,one goes ahead and in some others,the other goes ahead........there is NO CLEAR winner of the two.
THe winner overall is 7950 GTX which is better than both the above.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
1900XT/XTX

Faster in majority of games by a certain margin

Better Image Quality

HDR+AA ability which lacks in 7900GTX

Better AF

Will perform better in the upcoming shader intensive games as it has more shaders

7900GTX

Faster in some games and in those it is the clear king.

Faster than the radeon in many paper benchmarks but when the image quality is chosen so that iamge quality is same there the 7900GTX looses. 7900GTX can give more performance at lower image quality settings.

Better AA although you can't use that for new games as it isn't that fast without SLi especially

CONCLUSION
Unless you are mad about playing a few games only like Serious Sam 2,Pacific Fighters etc where the 7900GTX might be the clear winner or for that matter even the 7800GTX, by and large my choice is as follows if you forget about the money point of view, just performance and overall section criteria for me and all,

1900XTX OC>1900XTX>1900XT>7900GTX OC>7900GTX

1900XT box overclocked = 1900XTX and is almost the same in most games with exceptions, 1900XT can be overclocked to perform equivalent of a 1900XTX provided the card can be overclocked as much and you have the right cooling.

Price vise, in US, 1900XTX and 7900GTX are at par and in India 1900XT and 7900GTX are at par.

Plain and simple, get a 1900XT around 30k, PM me for details.

7950GX2 = underclocked 7900GTX SLI
it performs between 7900GT SLi and 7900GTX SLi

Also, keep in mind that in terms of minimum fps 1900XTX will/should beat even 7950GX2 in Oblivion. But overall 7950GX2 is a better performer, but keep in mind that:
1900XT is cheaper
better image quality(IQ)
better AF
HDR+AA ability absolutely requried in games like Serious Sam2
although nvidia has better AA, there is no point when you can't even use AA and I for one don't want to compromise on HDR, however there are others who do.
with future games the peformance diff between 1900xtx and 7950GX2 may narrow as 1900xt is good in shader extensive games,

7950gx2 : >35k
1900xt: around 30k

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
7900GTX is around the price of a 1900XT at least was till about 1.5 months or back or maybe 2 months back.

It is recommended to buy within india for warranty and support.

what is G C?

Top Bottom