Laptop with budget upto 35k-need to dual boot with Linux

ninadb

Broken In
Hi

I need to buy a new laptop with a budget of max 35k.
I have zeroed in on Sony Viao VPCEH26EN or HP DV6 6116tx or HP G6 1201tx
Here is my requirement exactly in the questionnaire

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)--35K INR (it can go over by 2K INR if really needed for a good config)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?--Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? --Mumbai, India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?-- Dont want to go in for Dell as I have been using only Dell as my work laptops

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? --programming, dual booting with linux (am a distro junkie), music,movies and casual gaming

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? very little travel with laptop basically a home laptop

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? used for casual gaming (older games)

8) How many hours of battery life do you need? as long as possible

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? I have seen the notebooks physically but still would prefer to buy it from shop

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Window 7 and Linux distro

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? No specifics

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Have a look at this. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/1...s06in-laptop-unboxing-review.html#post1530548
This laptop will suffice for all your needs :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom