laptop under 50k for mechanical engg student work/play

apporv

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
engineering simulation softwares (Autocad,Solidworks,Ansys),gaming(somewhere between moderate & high :winking_NF:)
web browsing(youtube,meme websites :p),watching movies

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
minimum: i5 processor,8 GB ram,1TB , but if you think something else will suit me more,no need to stick to this as I don't have too much knowledge about this stuff

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
don't have any preferences as I don't know much about this stuff, would be nice to have more warranty,if possible mention pros and cons of the brand suggested (so that I know what I'm getting into)

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution (1080p (Full HD) as I'm going to watch movies on this :))
Battery back up ( cant decide, I'm mostly close to a power socket so i can go for 3-4 hours but would be better to have the option of 5-7)
would be nice if it is rugged, but not essential
try for future proof as wont be able to buy anything else after this
also since this is my first laptop i dont know about this,can laptops run on direct power, if yes should they? need to know this to decide the battery question as i mostly run my workstations for long duration and a battery wouldn't be able to do that while being put through continuous charge cycles(it'd die out pretty soon)
sorry if im confusing you with stuff that sounds contradictory
help this newbie out :) :) thanks in advance

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
if you could get from the US, then
*www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ
for gaming. upgradable. i5 HQ processor(not those ultra low voltage power saving U linuep)
SSD. Fast

Buy HP Pavilion 15-AU084TX 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/4GB Graphics), Natural Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i

I suggest this one due to good performance for price (CPU+GPU), backlit keyboard & 1080p display

It won't run latest games at high even at 720p

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Buy HP Pavilion 15-AU084TX 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5-6200U/4GB/1TB/Windows 10 Home/4GB Graphics), Natural Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i

I suggest this one due to good performance for price (CPU+GPU), backlit keyboard & 1080p display

It won't run latest games at high even at 720p

HP GAMING-15-AK041TX CORE i5-6300HQ 6TH GEN/4GB/1TB/15.6”FHD/4GB GRAPHICS/DOS | eBa

950m gpu...and it has got a HQ processor...i7 one is +Rs.10k

HP GAMING-15-AK041TX CORE i5-6300HQ 6TH GEN/4GB/1TB/15.6”FHD/4GB GRAPHICS/DOS | eBa

950m gpu...and it has got a HQ processor...i7 one is +Rs.10k

Yes, everything is great but it has no warranty & the product isn't even available in India officially (if something goes wrong, good luck finding parts)

OP
A

apporv

Right off the assembly line
Buy HP Pavilion 15-AU111TX (7th Gen CORE i5 7200U|8GB|1TB|2GB Graphics NVIDIA|Windows 10) Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i (HP Pavilion 15-AU111TX (7th Gen CORE i5 7200U|8GB|1TB|2GB Graphics NVIDIA|Windows 10) Silver)

what do you guys think about this one? found it yesterday.I heard that since 940mx isnt that good a gpu it wouldnt be able to handle 4gb vram anyway,so it wouldnt matter if i got 2gb or 4 gb,is that true? also heard some bad stuff about how hp products are made cheap and have aftersales service so should i be worried about that? also saw this video NEVER BUY A GAMING LAPTOP FOR COLLEGE - Build a Desktop Instead! - YouTub
so would it be better to have a high end pc instead of this , later i also tried assembleyourpc.net to build the same rig as the laptop, but it went over 74k,whats your opinion on this guys?

Top Bottom