Laptop under 50,000

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs.50,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream 15"

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Gaming, Word Processing, Browsing

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Acer Aspire 5 (8th Gen) with MX150 GPU

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Acer, Lenovo, HP, Dell
b. Dislike: Alienware, Toshiba

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution (1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( extended (5hrs)
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart)
  • Eg:Acer Aspire 5 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) A515-51G Laptop Rs.48990 Price in India - Buy Acer Aspire 5 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) A515-51G Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just for the information,Acer laptops don't allow upgrading ram or hdd without voiding warranty(they put stickers etc in such a way) so you have to get any upgrades done at authorized service centre which costs extra.If buying an acer laptop,make sure to get any upgrade done at the day of purchase itself at acer authorized service centre.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
just for the information,Acer laptops don't allow upgrading ram or hdd without voiding warranty(they put stickers etc in such a way) so you have to get any upgrades done at authorized service centre which costs extra.If buying an acer laptop,make sure to get any upgrade done at the day of purchase itself at acer authorized service centre.
HDD, ram upgrade of Helios 300 is easy. Upgrading the m.2 drive could void warranty. Don't know why acer has this crappy restriction.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know about Helios 300(maybe because it is a higher end model it has less restrictions) but their low/budget end laptops come with sticker inside/around ram/hdd compartment making self upgrade almost impossible without voiding warranty.

In case you can wait for offers on gaming laptops, maybe wait till Republic Day. You should get GTX 1050 laptops for around 50k.

Otherwise, try to find this locally:
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Aspire-A515-51G...=1514648384&sr=8-4&keywords=i5+8th+gen+laptop

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Just bought MSI GL62M 7REX (1642CN) Laptop for 50k from a guy who bought it in Singapore.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The guy from whom I bought my MSI Gaming Laptop brought another MSI Gaming Laptop for sale.
Its model number is MSI GL62VR 7RFX-848CN.
Mostly Hyderabad buyers are preferred he says.
If anybody is interested to contact him, PM me.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Congrats. Are u getting warranty from MSI ?

Is MX150 good for gaming ?
what is the starting price of GTX 1060 laptops ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

I don't think MSI provides international warranty in India for laptops purchased in Singapore.MX150 is another name for GT 1030 in laptop,you can check benchmarks of desktop 1030 to get an idea about its expected performance but for some real gaming a 1050Ti is minimum(whether desktop or laptop).In India 1060 laptops starts from at least 1lakh.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Yes, I am getting MSI warranty. MX150 is equivalent to GT1030. Starting price of GTX 1060 Laptops are 1lakh.
About the above MSI GL62VR 7RFX-848CN my friend brought from Singapore. Its 80K. Its for Sale.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I am getting MSI warranty. MX150 is equivalent to GT1030. Starting price of GTX 1060 Laptops are 1lakh.
About the above MSI GL62VR 7RFX-848CN my friend brought from Singapore. Its 80K. Its for Sale.
You are not getting any warranty on internationally purchased MSI laptop in India.
upload_2018-1-26_16-37-34.png

upload_2018-1-26_16-38-43.png

MSI Support - Horrible

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I think only Gigabyte gives International Warranty.

There are website who ship Laptops worldwide such as Xoticpc or ExcaliburPC. But do they include the import charges in Shipping charges ?
for e.g: USPS world wide shipping charge of $XXX amount will include the import duty or not

Top Bottom