Broken In
hi guys,
looking for a laptop for around 75k
requirements:

screen size: 13-14"
lightweight for portability
Ram: 4gb ddr3 at least.
processor: 3rd gen i5 or better
use: mostly education purposes, videos and movies. occasional gaming (fifa and similar)

i have looked at macbook pro, hp folio 13, hp envy spectre and spectre xt, dell xps14, samsung series 5. not too keen on lenovo since i hear after sales service is bad.

budget can be extended by 10k. cheaper ones always welcomed :mrgreen:

please suggest something at the earliest! need to buy within this week (15th feb).

thanks you!! :-D

Why spend whooping 75k when you are getting everything you need at around 50k??? Seriously man, 75k just for playing fifa and a 14" laptop??????

Check this. But still there are better products than this and that too at more cheaper price.
Dell Inspiron 14z Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

OP
K

klifford

Broken In
thanks Harsh!
i know what you mean. But my brother is going abroad for education and is very keen on a macbook pro and having had one i have come to dislike the Macbook cause it has limitations compared to windows.
also my brother is big on comparing everything to how the Pro looks. hence the budget!
having said that ill try talking some sense into him since the config of Dell Inspiron 14z is a perfect match.
also just in case i fail i'd like to know what you would suggest in the high budget models (better config of course)
thanks!!
:-D

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^you had suggested him Ultrabook...which have comparatively weak processor with graphic card..that also with WINDOWS 7 BASIC version...IMO its very expensive for the price tag.

If you are looking for an ultrabook then this is a sexy laptop,

or else go for a MACBOOK pro.

n3rd

In the zone
Samsung NP530U4C-S03IN Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph)
HP Envy 4-1002TX Ultrabook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB 32GB SSD/ Win7 HB/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

If you value ASS THAT much, you could also go for Harsh's suggestion.

OP
K

klifford

Broken In
You could always load windows into a macbook and sort out your 'limitations.

Yes. I would like to keep that as a last resort. Basically I am looking for something that could beat the Pro around that budget. if not, i will have no option but to get that!
thanks!

OP
K

klifford

Broken In
I believe Nvidia is available only in the 15" MB pro which is beyond my budget.
As for graphic requirements, i could settle for the basics. if the game doesnt work well, he wont play them. Not a concern for me since he is going for his education! :p
And from what i read on the forums here. any laptop is good enough to play 1080p videos.

n3rd

In the zone
I believe Nvidia is available only in the 15" MB pro which is beyond my budget.
As for graphic requirements, i could settle for the basics. if the game doesnt work well, he wont play them. Not a concern for me since he is going for his education! :p
And from what i read on the forums here. any laptop is good enough to play 1080p videos.
Yeah my principle is that even if you're not gaming get at least one with a decent graph. Would come in handy once the lappy gets old. IMO anywho.

OP
K

klifford

Broken In
Yeah my principle is that even if you're not gaming get at least one with a decent graph. Would come in handy once the lappy gets old. IMO anywho.

Message received!
I think i will take him to a store in a couple of days where he could try some of these suggested models hands on and pick what he then wants!
thank you guys!
if there are more suggestions, please keep them coming! its big money, don't want to make a bad decision!

Gtb93

In the zone
MBPs are good laptops. If you can get that, it's amazing. Mac is a brilliant OS as it is, plus for any work that requires windows you can always load it. I don't see the reason to facepalm about it.

noob63

Broken In
if ur bro is going for looks then go for mac book or 1 more option is for you try dell xps 14 or xps 13 customize as per ur need . . .

Top Bottom