Laptop screwed!! Help

My Hp g6-2005ax is not turning on anymore. Nothing happens when I press the power button. I opened the laptop and found nothing wrong with the switch. But the display cable was badly damaged (friction due to broken hinge) But if the display cable is the culprit then the laptop should turn on without display. Right?? Also when I connect the charger the charging led glows. Does this mean that my motherboard is alive and kicking?

Also please tell me about a good laptop repair shop in bangalore who actually knows how to fix stuff and charges reasonably. Thanks

Nerevarine

Incarnate
if your battery is charging, that does not guarentee your motherboard is okay.. But its very unlikely your mobo will just burn out on its own.. Try this, take out your battery, keep it out for 10 mins, put it back in and start while its plugged in to AC output

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
if your battery is charging, that does not guarentee your motherboard is okay.. But its very unlikely your mobo will just burn out on its own.. Try this, take out your battery, keep it out for 10 mins, put it back in and start while its plugged in to AC output

Didn't work.
Do you think display cable could be the problem?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
The G6 series is notorious for poor heat dissipation... Your mobo may have gone kaput... Did it suffer from thermal shutdowns in the past???

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Didn't work.
Do you think display cable could be the problem?

perhaps, but im not sure exactly what display cable you are talking about.. Do you mean the one that connects to your laptop display ? It should be a flat ribbon type cable that protrudes from the laptop base..
Anyway, even if only the display is the problem, then the laptop should atleast start should it not ? Best take it to service center mate, if your mobo is kaput you will have to shell out a lot.. hope thats not the case :(

itsakjt

Broken In
Take out the battery and hold the power key for 1 minute without any power to drain any residual power it has. Then without connecting the battery, connect the charger and try switching it on. If the display comes up, reconnect the battery. Do let us know. All the best. :)

OP
Harsh Pranami

Harsh Pranami

Padawan
perhaps, but im not sure exactly what display cable you are talking about.. Do you mean the one that connects to your laptop display ? It should be a flat ribbon type cable that protrudes from the laptop base..
Anyway, even if only the display is the problem, then the laptop should atleast start should it not ? Best take it to service center mate, if your mobo is kaput you will have to shell out a lot.. hope thats not the case :(

The cable which connects the led panel to motherboard.

- - - Updated - - -

The G6 series is notorious for poor heat dissipation... Your mobo may have gone kaput... Did it suffer from thermal shutdowns in the past???

Yeah but I'm sure it's not because of heat.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Shouldn't there be two cables for the display??? One provides the display with power while the other is used to transfer the signals from the graphics card...
At least, that's the way it is on my y500... :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
My Hp g6-2005ax is not turning on anymore. Nothing happens when I press the power button. I opened the laptop and found nothing wrong with the switch. But the display cable was badly damaged (friction due to broken hinge) But if the display cable is the culprit then the laptop should turn on without display. Right?? Also when I connect the charger the charging led glows. Does this mean that my motherboard is alive and kicking?

Also please tell me about a good laptop repair shop in bangalore who actually knows how to fix stuff and charges reasonably. Thanks

i also have a g6 which had a similiar issue,took it to HP and they replaced the power key under warranty,same issues as you described
is yours still within warranty?

ravi847

Journeyman
I once got my screen replaced by global computers in S.P. road..they offered a decent price and seemed legit enough.
Also don't go to service centre if you are out of warranty they charge like hell there..

Top Bottom