laptop screen totally white

bestpain

good advicer
my acer 5740 laptop screen was cracked ....when i went to replace screen at service centre they told that the video cable is also broken and need to be replaced.....after replacing the screen and the video cable ,and output on the screen is totally white ,nothing else.
the service center guy then told me that they need to repair the motherboard so i told them to repair it....now that guy is telling me that the repair is not possible and they need to replace the GPU chip (intel gpu i think) and are asking for 3000 rs.
i think the motherboard port in which video cable from screen is plugged was also damaged.
when i am using a external monitor then the laptop is working totally fine.

schizophrenic

Broken In
most porbably a gpu problem, no potion but replace it.. can check in the device manager if the device is working porperly

had a similar problem, but my screen was ok, one day just the displaystarted flickering. got the mobo replaced and all was fine ..if doubtful you can ask the service center guys to had over the old mobo to you after replacing.

OP
bestpain

bestpain

good advicer
most porbably a gpu problem, no potion but replace it.. can check in the device manager if the device is working porperly

had a similar problem, but my screen was ok, one day just the displaystarted flickering. got the mobo replaced and all was fine ..if doubtful you can ask the service center guys to had over the old mobo to you after replacing.

is it safe to replace the gpu chip itself?
replacing with a new motherboard will cost me rs 7000.

schizophrenic

Broken In
I donot know if the gpu is replaceable.. even if it is you will have to get it replaced from tech support.. you can mess up whatever's remaining..

Top Bottom