Laptop needed URGENTLY! Budget - 45-50k! Will b buying in 3-4 days!

Anish9218

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
45-50k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Lenovo, Sony
b. Dislike: Acer, Samsung( owing to very bad ASS at my city - Visakhapatnam)

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming, Multimedia - watching movies, songs etc, AUTOCAD, CATIA, browsing internet.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Nothing specific

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Actually my friend is buying this laptop by his bro in Chennai.Will be buying it locally, not online. So it would be really helpful if anyone could suggest any good shops in Chennai. If not, its okay. I have bought HP g6 2320tx 2 weeks ago (with 2 years extended warranty for an addition 2k offer by hp) for 45k. Will be suggesting the same to my friend unless you guys have a better option. White colour lappy is more preferred. (Man! He loves white colour too much!!
:shock::mrgreen: )

Please so reply guys! Yours suggestions are really valuable as I bought my lappy after so many of your suggestions only
:cool:

Last edited:

Hrishi

Get Lenovo Z500 , best under the price budget of 50k INR.

THere's an I7 with almost similar GPU under 50k , but its from Acer.

OP
A

Anish9218

Journeyman
oh, I will tell him lenovo z500, but guys does it have touchpad issues like loads of other lenovo users are facing??
And yeah, I dislike Acer, but have to agree it has amazing customer service in my city. Do recommend which model in Acer too, Ill tell him (Hey, doesn't Acer laptops have cheaper build compared to other laptops and thats why their products are cheap?? :confused::unsure: )
Any warranty offers with these laptops?

$hadow

Geek in making
About build quality and model of acer better ask rishi he has just bought a new one. Regarding lenovo z500 it is a beauty slim thin with silver metallic colour it is just a wow kind of laptop with gt 645m graphic card.

Hrishi

About build quality and model of acer better ask rishi he has just bought a new one. Regarding lenovo z500 it is a beauty slim thin with silver metallic colour it is just a wow kind of laptop with gt 645m graphic card.

The acer variant I am having looks good and is pretty slim too. Weighs at around 2.4Kgs. and has moderate build quality.

[screen ain't so great.]
[build quality is moderate , not like Dell . But it'll suffice unless you plan to deliberately drop it.]
there's no other issue I have had till now.]

for true performance and vfm , get this for around 50k. [bargain with dealer and see if he can lower the price a li; bit

Acer laptops come with offer of 3 year warranty these days for just 500rs more.

The model I am having is "*www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-73614G50Makk-Notebook.81470.0.html"

Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-73614G50Makk-

Check that link for a detailed review on it.
I bough it for 48.5k ,and feels every penny of performance on it.

Honestly , quad-core will be times faster than the dual core i5s in coming time. I can certainly feel a huge difference b/w i5 and i7 , because of my heavy usage pattern.

oh, I will tell him lenovo z500, but guys does it have touchpad issues like loads of other lenovo users are facing??
And yeah, I dislike Acer, but have to agree it has amazing customer service in my city. Do recommend which model in Acer too, Ill tell him (Hey, doesn't Acer laptops have cheaper build compared to other laptops and thats why their products are cheap?? :confused::unsure: )
Any warranty offers with these laptops?

Z500 has no touchpad issues. Its specific to Y500 only

OP
A

Anish9218

Journeyman
hey guys,owing to some problem the budget has been reduced to 45k.
Can you guys suggest any models in this range? If the budget can be extended to 51k (Lenovo showroom cost), my friend said he would go for Lenovo z500.
Other than Samsung, any suggestions? No Acer too..
Please reply guys.. Any model in HP, Lenovo, Sony, Dell is fine..

$hadow

Geek in making
hey guys,owing to some problem the budget has been reduced to 45k.
Can you guys suggest any models in this range? If the budget can be extended to 51k (Lenovo showroom cost), my friend said he would go for Lenovo z500.
Other than Samsung, any suggestions? No Acer too..
Please reply guys.. Any model in HP, Lenovo, Sony, Dell is fine..

Would you like to tell which type of games would he play on laptop because you won't be able yo find any good graphic card in that budget

Hrishi

One like Crysis 3, AC3, GTA IV, Prototype 2, COD MW..

Forget about playing C3 , NFSMW , BF3 like games at good settings on anything having less than 635m, or 7670m.
Least is 640m or 645m for these games. And for laptops having these GPUs , you must shell ~50k bucks.

$hadow

Geek in making
Forget about playing C3 , NFSMW , BF3 like games at good settings on anything having less than 635m, or 7670m.
Least is 640m or 645m for these games. And for laptops having these GPUs , you must shell ~50k bucks.

That us why I asked him which game he want to play. He need to spend atleast 50k for playing these games I guess snapdeal is selling z500 at about 49k

OP
A

Anish9218

Journeyman
tried asking a few shops. None of them even know about z500. If the games can be playable at medium or low settings its more than enough.. Not interested in extreme high settings considering the budget.

Top Bottom