Laptop needed for 60k Macbook vs Windows

Shreya1606

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
60,000 INR
Can go up to 70k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Browsing, Watching movies, Writing at night, Editing movies/pictures but not very big ones.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
4-8 GB ram, minimum 256 hdd

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Apple Macbook air
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution 900p / 1080p (Full HD
Battery back up extended 5-7hrs
Purchase place - Stores in Mumbai/Online Flipkart/Amazon

I have been told that I should buy a Macbook on EMI but some others have told me that Apple is not worth it. Should I buy the Basic Macbook air 11 inch which might come to about 65 after discount or just buy some other laptop? What other laptops can I get in this budget?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If you want a small laptop with good screen, get a Surface Pro 4. If you a powerful 13" laptop, get a Razer Blade instead of that overpriced Macbook.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
For your requirement I would suggest Macbook Air. Although 11 inch would be too small while you are watching movies/ browsing. Go for the 13 inch variant. In Audio Video Processing nothing will come near a Mac. It's hardware and software both are optimized for that purpose only. Also better battery life.

Since Gaming is not in your list, you should go for Mac.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Asus ZenBook UX305UA-FC001T Intel Core i5 (6th Gen) - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10) Ultrabook 90NB0AB1-M01420

Hrishi

For your requirement I would suggest Macbook Air. Although 11 inch would be too small while you are watching movies/ browsing. Go for the 13 inch variant. In Audio Video Processing nothing will come near a Mac. It's hardware and software both are optimized for that purpose only. Also better battery life.

Since Gaming is not in your list, you should go for Mac.
Agree. Mac OS is very optimized. The battery life, build, usability, accessibility, performance, stability, etc... Is way above a windows machine running a bit better hw config.
I am not sure why some people say otherwise.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Shreya1606

Right off the assembly line
Agree. Mac OS is very optimized. The battery life, build, usability, accessibility, performance, stability, etc... Is way above a windows machine running a bit better hw config.

If I ignore the weight factor, what if I just buy the basic Macbook Pro.. The 55k one?

Minion

Conversation Architect
If I ignore the weight factor, what if I just buy the basic Macbook Pro.. The 55k one?

I will suggest you to stay away from apple products Once your product suffers from problem they will charge you too much.They are very overhyped products better get something else which you can repair your for very less price.

In short their servicing is very bad they will fetch you a refurbish product in case of failure that too for 35-45k even though new one is available for 55k.

Applications.... You can't get apps as easily as you get for windows... Also there are a lot of apps

Win10+SSD is fast, I can vouch for that (But there are always few bugs. which may pop up sometime, but a restart solves most of them)

For the usage requirement of OP, Mac is a good option if you want a Mac

People like myself & saiyangoku will always criticise Apple for its ridiculous price, no matter what :p

Top Bottom