laptop hdd

bestpain

good advicer
i have an 320 gb hdd ...can i use it with my desktop...what are the things required ..i know its possible

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
2.5" or 3.5" SATA hard drives take the same SATA cable & Power Cable.the only thing you need is a enclosure/holding bay for 2.5" drive if you want to use the drive internally.many standard cabinets from brands like coolermaster have such bays to install 2.5" SSD which can also be used for laptop hdd but if you have a local cabinet you have to buy some kind of plastic adapter to fit 2.5" hdd in a 3.5" bay or you can improvise by screwing from one side & filling the other side with cardboard to hold it in place.if you want to use it as portable hdd(considered as better option for such drives) then simply buy a 2.5" hdd enclosure(costs ~600 for standard brand like transcend & ~300 for cheap local/generic brands).

RubySh.

Broken In
other than the previous most true solution provided. you can buy an R_III driver kit. which comprises of a power brick/adapter, sata (data and power) cables, and 2.5 or 3.5 pata interface connector so that you can use the hdd as an external usb hard drive. which comes very handy at a little cost of data transfer speed. the kit cost rs. 350 at my place, hopefully you can get it more cheaper.

Top Bottom