Laptop for Performance

saiyaman

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs. 50,000 to 70,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

• Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
  • Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
This will be used for multitasking and programming and it will be mostly through Visual Studio. Gaming is not the primary focus. It is a added benefit if there is a good graphic processor. Not the primary focus anyway. My desktop is powerful for gaming.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Core i5 (as a minimum but absolutely no U versions)
8 GB RAM
1 TB HDD (if there is a good chance of getting more than 5400 RPM)
Windows 7 (Don't really like Windows 8. It's not a huge point so I can adjust for this)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
None as of now.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

• Screen resolution ( 1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs))
  • Purchase place ( Local)

If a backlit keyboard is present that would be very very great.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks. That is just the limit! It's OVER-

What can I say. Kamehamehaaaaa. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe but I'm not someone so bothered about boot times. I'm also not a "Me angry if the heavy application does not start in 5,4,3..." so SSD is not that big.

You can also get XOTIC PC | FORCE 16GC (29-029) w/ 860M (MSI GE60 ApachePro Barebones) for around 62-64k including customs and shipping.

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
You can also get XOTIC PC | FORCE 16GC (29-029) w/ 860M (MSI GE60 ApachePro Barebones) for around 62-64k including customs and shipping.

Why did I see that now? Now every laptop seems crap except the one I saw. Is there a way to get it in India?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Why did I see that now? Now every laptop seems crap except the one I saw. Is there a way to get it in India?
PPObox should be the preferred way but Xotic PC can ship them to you too. Check with them both, who pays the customs for you, etc and then decide.

$hadow

Geek in making

There are plenty of ways life getting it with the help of a relative or international shopping websites as well.

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
I think I cannot buy it then. Others?

I will be happy with a Core i5 with M, 4 or 8 GB (RAM) and 500 or 1 TB HDD.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think I cannot buy it then. Others?

I will be happy with a Core i5 with M, 4 or 8 GB (RAM) and 500 or 1 TB HDD.
No good configs available in India. OEMs release ULV models in the that budget. :facepalm:

MSI Leopard is overpriced with 840M. Should've been near 50-52k range.

Whatever you decide, don't compromise by buying a laptop with DDR3 840M/850M. If you can find a laptop with DDR5 850M or even DDR5 R9 M265X, get it.

Last edited:
OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
No good configs available in India. OEMs release ULV models in the that budget. :facepalm:

MSI Leopard is overpriced with 840M. Should've been near 50-52k range.

Whatever you decide, don't compromise by buying a laptop with DDR3 840M/850M. If you can find a laptop with DDR5 850 or even DDR5 R9 M265X, get it.

Well it's quite pathetic how they overprice these with ULV models.

The DDR part is right. The sad part is Y50 looks the only good laptop for my requirements.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well it's quite pathetic how they overprice these with ULV models.

The DDR part is right. The sad part is Y50 looks the only good laptop for my requirements.
Force 16GC (with i5 4200M), the laptop I mentioned from Xotic PC, is sold at Rs 105k from flipkart (with i7 MQ). Thats 40k more than what you pay after adding customs and shipping charges and double of what it costs from direct USD to INR conversion.

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that Force 16GC, XOTIC PC | Sager NP6659 (Clevo W650SC) - 15.6" Full-HD Notebook is available with DDR5 950M for 56k (direct conversion, add customs and shipping later)

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
Force 16GC (with i5 4200M), the laptop I mentioned from Xotic PC, is sold at Rs 105k from flipkart (with i7 MQ). Thats 40k more than what you pay after adding customs and shipping charges and double of what it costs from direct USD to INR conversion.

- - - Updated - - -

Scratch that Force 16GC, XOTIC PC | Sager NP6659 (Clevo W650SC) - 15.6" Full-HD Notebook is available with DDR5 950M for 56k (direct conversion, add customs and shipping later)

You should really stop mentioning XOTIC. Every one of their variant you mention, a volcano explodes somewhere with Mojo Jojo's cursing all laptop sellers for India.

- - - Updated - - -

On the official website of Lenovo, I saw that Y50 is given to be starting from 85,000. Is this a worrying sign? Where is it 75,000 in showrooms?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You should really stop mentioning XOTIC. Every one of their variant you mention, a volcano explodes somewhere with Mojo Jojo's cursing all laptop sellers for India.

- - - Updated - - -

On the official website of Lenovo, I saw that Y50 is given to be starting from 85,000. Is this a worrying sign? Where is it 75,000 in showrooms?

Check on flipkart, amazon, etc. I don't know why I'm unable to open flipkart.

Top Bottom