Laptop for ~ INR 1L, 14in

JK2

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 1L, can go 10-20% higher depending on what additional am getting

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • 14in screen, may consider 13.3in

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Extensive reading/ browsing/ office work, bit of multimedia consumption.
No gaming.

4) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Screen aspect ratio - 16:10 (MUST) and Anti Reflective/ AG
Processor - AMD/ Intel 11th Gen - i7 (can drop to i5 if no significant performance advantage)
Min 16gb RAM, bonus if upgradable further (but not necessary)
Graphics Card - not sure if really important given my usage - but better the merrier. Say for driving 4K monitor if and whenever I purchase.

5) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Have these options in mind - need to understand if any one has significant advantage over the other in some dimension.
Eg would hp envy 14 perform better than dell inspiron given better graphics card. Would Slim 7i Carbon be worth extra ~ 20k etc.

(A) HP ENVY Laptop 14-eb0019TX

(B) Dell Inspiron 14 7000 (7400) Laptop | Dell India

(C) Yoga Slim 7i Carbon (13) | Sleek (13.3) carbon-fiber laptop | Lenovo India
(Waiting for Yoga Slim 7i Pro model w/ 14in screen)

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Open to any other suggestions that fit my budget and requirements.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
How much storage do you need ? Macbook air m1 fits your needs very well. You can get 10% off if you buy with educational email id.
16 GB Macbook air comes in at 1 lakh price with edu discount. Has 16:10 resolution (2560x1600), good quality screen with high brightness and can easily drive 4K Displays. Has one of the best or if not the best battery life in any competing laptop. Only cons is expensive storage.

Reactions: JK2
OP
J

JK2

Broken In
How much storage do you need ? Macbook air m1 fits your needs very well. You can get 10% off if you buy with educational email id.
16 GB Macbook air comes in at 1 lakh price with edu discount. Has 16:10 resolution (2560x1600), good quality screen with high brightness and can easily drive 4K Displays. Has one of the best or if not the best battery life in any competing laptop. Only cons is expensive storage.
Fine w/ 512GB. Yes MBA M1 configs fit the bill very well - just have preference towards Windows.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
*www.amazon.in/dp/B08P66543L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_7K225TWYRDHHB1ADGCQM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Doesnt beat the value of the m1 112k but might be the best intel around. How the integrated graphics will perform with a 4k monitor, I have no clue.

If 45% ntsc is not your bane then go for omen 15 4600h /1660ti for 80k. You save big moolah to splurge on the monitor then.

Neo

for the use case, mac os really good choice. You may wait for new mac models to launch in September.

OP
J

JK2

Broken In
Thanks Aby, Neo.
I guess I've been stalling this purchase since quite some time now - and the final view I get has remained same - either an Macbook Air M1 (other being Asus G14 or the like).

Top Bottom