Laptop For Gaming

chickoo

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy a laptop.
My budget Rs.60, 000 (ready to compromise up to 70000 if it’s worth)

Dell alien ware – don’t want it. (Don’t have the money)

Please don’t ask me to buy PC for gaming (I have to travel a lot so prefer laptop)

My priorities – Gaming Gaming Gaming (crysis3 since I believe if a laptop can run crysis3 (I heard it’s the most graphically advanced game till now) in medium-high settings in 2013, it will be able to handle games that will be released in the next 3-4 years, (even in low-medium settings, like GTA 5, GTA 6) and will run all of the 2008-2012 games smoothly, and also will run Photoshop, office software etc...Please correct me if I am wrong about this.

DOS, Windows 8, Windows 7 – doesn’t matter since I know how to install operating systems, and drivers.

32bit/64 bit – I have only used 32bit systems till now. So need suggestions about this. Will 32bit games run in 64bit system, are all games and software’s released in 32bit and 64bit versions.

Other things like look of the laptop, style, metallic finish,touch screen don’t matter to me (crysis3 gaming is the most important factor).-keyboard with backlight would be a good thing. Not compulsory.

Crysis-3.jpg

OP
C

chickoo

Eyes closed and y500 from lenovo is your answer. Will be about 62-63k locally.

but what about the mousepad (i read it had issues ) though i use my wireless mouse , i dont want a faulty touchpad..

also flipkart shows it is out of stock..should i wait for flipkart or buy from local dealer..

i am from kerala , can anyone tell about laptop /pc shops that are trustworthy in kerala or allover india shops (which have branches in kerala)

$hadow

Geek in making
Yes it was having problem with touchpad but now lenovo is shipping new laptops with synaptic one earlier it was elan. Just check the manufacturing date if it is after dec 12 you can buy it. I think Flipkart is now also going to sell it with synaptic one so just wait till it get back in stock and call flipkart people if the touch pad is rectified or not or you can buy it from your local dealer.

OP
C

chickoo

is lenovo y 500 32bit or 64 bit..

will i be able to run 32bit software //games in 64 bit system..

sanemate

Broken In
It was on flipkart till yesterday afternoon, I was gonna order it but then it went Out of stock. Should be back in 2-3 days I think. Also, Flipkart is offering 5% discount using CC, so coming for 62k, I dont think local dealers will sell it any cheaper. Regarding the touchpad issue, Lenovo is fixing it now. Just raise a complaint with a Lenovo center after buying it, they will replace the touchpad

but what about the mousepad (i read it had issues ) though i use my wireless mouse , i dont want a faulty touchpad..

also flipkart shows it is out of stock..should i wait for flipkart or buy from local dealer..

i am from kerala , can anyone tell about laptop /pc shops that are trustworthy in kerala or allover india shops (which have branches in kerala)

OP
C

chickoo

yesterday it was out of stock and today its like "This item is Permanently discontinued." wtf??

so y500 is already discontinued , should i wait for the next version from lenovo?? or should i go for other brands..

Don't worry about touchpad issues. By chance if you get ELAN touchpad, register a complain with Lenovo & they will replace it to Synaptics within 2 weeks atmost.

My laptop's touchpad had been replaced & now it works fine

$hadow

Geek in making
Well now the local dealers are saying that stock is now not available from lenovo. The shipping is stopped look like y500 has been discontinued if you can get one from your local dealer better be quick to get it.

Top Bottom