Laptop for gaming with good display under 1 lakh

Discussion in 'Laptops and Netbooks' started by krish_techie, Oct 11, 2018.

1. krish_techie

krish_techie Member

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
    1 Lakh

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
    • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

- Programming - Oracle Data base and few other softwares.
    - Gaming - Occasionally. I Have xbox so will be playing only PC exclusives on this.
    - Video and photo editing

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

A powerful chip like i7-8750H paired with 1050ti or 1060.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
    a. Like: Dell,ASUS,MSI
    b. Dislike: HP

6) Anything else you would like to say?

I've shorlisted the below laptop from MSI for 89k. But few reviews are saying the display isn't good and the laptop is little buggy while doing tasks other than gaming. For me main priority is media consumption/creating and programming. Gaming is secondary.

https://www.amazon.in/MSI-GL63-8RE-...39264161&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=msi+gl63&psc=1

2. Stormbringer

Stormbringer Active Member

MSI service has a bad rep. I personally would avoid it.

3. anupam_pb

anupam_pb Gear up ...

4. OP
    OP
    krish_techie

krish_techie Member

Thanks for your suggestion. I Do have an xbox one x. I won't be doing much gaming on this laptop.
    The MSI one i mentioned had 16GB RAM and coming for 89k only so thought of buying it.
    But heard some really bad reviews about MSI service in India. So skipped it.

Will look at some more options and see if i can get good deal during Diwali or later sales.

5. anupam_pb

anupam_pb Gear up ...

You know that RAM can be added but CPU & GPU can't be, right? So never have RAM or storage (availability of M.2 + 2.5" SATA can be a priority though) as a priority as they can be swapped. For same CPU & GPU, you can consider RAM to be deal breaker but there are a lot of other things which I would rank higher as a priority like thermals, build, design, after sales, etc.

The last sale had great deals & I doubt there will such a big sale soon, maybe during Christmas New Year. Flipkart has gaming fridays, so have a look at those every friday. Follow Acer Predator Helios 300 as well. That is a better gaming laptop than Asus TUF for similar price.

As you have Xbox One X, I would recommend picking up Acer Predator Helios 300 with i5 8300H & 1050Ti whenever you see it under 70k. Save money, no point in having both a 1060 powered gaming laptop & One X (both perform similarly). But if you are into multiplayer games, the 120Hz display of Asus will give an advantage with 1060 (games like PUBG, DOTA 2, R6 Siege, etc).