Laptop for entertainment and moderate gaming

Pranav19

Broken In
1) What is your budget? 40k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
鈥� Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:hp,dell
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? College work, movies, and gonna start some gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?1366*768

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish) mostly local purchase in pune but if getting good online purchase from flipkart is also possible. I havent gamed since fifa 09 aging deaktop looking to start gaming again if i find some time.

I have a shortlisted hp 2312ax should go for it or any other good one in that is amd a10 good compared to i5 3rd generation. Will buy on sunday if possible or then month end. Kindly suggest thank you.
Typed this on a mobile so sorry for formatting mistakes if any
Looking forward to your suggestions

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if you are buying from pune, then better check tilak road, Swargate and try to bargain, that place has so many laptop showrooms and provide very competitive priced laptops.

and go for I5 3rd gen with minimum AMD 7670M graphic card in Nvidia look for GT 630 or GT 740M.

OP
P

Pranav19

Broken In
Thanks z500 is 11k above my budget dont think i will be able to extend that much also my my family is little averse to lenovo, so looking in dell or hp only.

So i should look for i5 3rd gen nly and not amd a10 or a8?

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks z500 is 11k above my budget dont think i will be able to extend that much also my my family is little averse to lenovo, so looking in dell or hp only.

So i should look for i5 3rd gen nly and not amd a10 or a8?
The model you are taking about is probably with 2gb card check out the price of 1gb card it will be around 43 or 44k locally.

OP
P

Pranav19

Broken In
Thanks for your suggestions. Personally i dint want to go for lenovo opting from hp or dell only. So z500 is cancelled.
Hows hp pavilion 15-E016TX .
Any other suggestions than Z500

Thanks for your suggestions. Personally i dint want to go for lenovo opting from hp or dell only. So z500 is cancelled.
Hows hp pavilion 15-E016TX .
Any other suggestions than Z500

It's good if you're really inclined to Hp. But the graphic card is no better than 7670hd

arka

Broken In
how is 8670m ? a friend bought the e016tx today ... he was at the same situation as pranav .. only hp and Dell.. he asked me how is the gfx card , I told it will be slightly better than the 7670m as he used 7670 before...

RON28

Cyborg Agent
I suggested him Dell because he doesn't want Lenovo, Dell 14R turbo or Dell 14R SE is only option left for you.

OP
P

Pranav19

Broken In
Thank you guys so will be buying the e016tx in next two weeks. Will report it after getting or if any change in decision thanks again.

OP
P

Pranav19

Broken In
Hi guys got the HP laptop. Thanks for your suggestions. I have two questions
1. It has one single partition of 906gb and one small recovery partition. Do i need to partition the C drive for my media files if yes how to do it? Or should i leave it that way only.
2. The graphics is showing only the intel graphics how to switch to amd graphics.
Thanks

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Congrats! How much did it cost you?
1. you can use disk management to create partitions. press the windows key+w together and type "hard disk" you'll find create and manage hard disk partitions. Alternatively, use MiniTool partition wizard Home for creating partitions
2. If you've installed all the drivers correctly, right click on desktop and you'll see configure AMD switchable graphics (I'm guessing). Does the 8670M show up in display adapters in device manager?
Hi guys got the HP laptop. Thanks for your suggestions. I have two questions
1. It has one single partition of 906gb and one small recovery partition. Do i need to partition the C drive for my media files if yes how to do it? Or should i leave it that way only.
2. The graphics is showing only the intel graphics how to switch to amd graphics.
Thanks

OP
P

Pranav19

Broken In
Thanks bro it cost 46.3 with 3 yrs warranty..
I search on net about the partitioning, couldnt find ideal values for C drive any suggestions.
2. I haven't installed anything yet. Closed the lappy now gt to get up early tmr will check tmr evening.
Hopefully i will get a broadband in 2-3 days. Cheers.

As this is my first laptop finding it different used a desktop my whole life. Will update u guys when i explore it.

Top Bottom