laptop for college

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
1) What is your budget? 30K to 60K!!:-D:-D

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

a)Programming.
b)Arch Linux.
c)Gaming: CS1.6, CS:GO(when it will release),BFBC2.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Better if Matte.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

My budget is quite flexi but i am not sure if i want to buy a 60K laptop and carry it everyday to my college.

I am Pursuing B.Tech CSE(2nd Year) if the course requires a powerful laptop then i have no choice other than to buy a Samsung NP550P.

But if my needs are taken care of by 30k laptop i will stick to it and will use the rest of money to upgrade my Mobile,HDD,Desktop.

Options i am Considering.

1)Samsung Np 550p --> 60k
2)Asus K53SM-SX010D---->40k
3)HP G6 2005AX---->33k

If my needs are taken care of by 30k laptop i will stick to it and will use the rest of money to upgrade my Mobile,HDD,Desktop.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
BFBC2 is a one of those demanding games...only a samsung lappy can handle it easily with no lag ;)

xOvErClOcKeRx

Broken In
The only problem with Sammy (i7) is the throttling issue:

During our stress tests (Prime95 and FurMark) we noticed something peculiar happening with the CPU. Throughout the duration of the test, the CPU frequency continued to fluctuate between 1.2GHz and 3.1GHz, sometimes leveling off in between. At this stage the temperature readings were not critical (an initial 70ºC to a toasty 95ºC), which leads us to suspect that the cause might be the 90W power supply unit being too weak.

Source: notebookcheck.net

The same has been noticed by an owner at TDF (was playing Max Payne 3 at high settings, w/o an external cooler though)

Top Bottom