Laptop for around 50k

mindfreak2u

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
My budget is around 50k.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Gaming would be first, photoshop and some software.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for?
Best performance in this budget

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Dislike: Dell, heard a lot of overheating issues
SAMSUNG- ****ING STUPID PIECE OF **** COMPANY!

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution- preferred FHD but i know gaming would only be sufficient for 720p(lag free gaming)
Purchase place - Open to all options, even getting it from abroad is an option. Black friday deals coming up and all! ;)

Last edited:
This is a good choice, just add an additional RAM... i5+4GB+1080p screen+1TB+GT940M
HP Pavilion 15-ab029TX Notebook (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1 TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Windows 8.1-2 GB Graphics) (Silver) - Buy HP Pavilion 15-ab029TX Notebook (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 1 TB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Windows 8.1-2 GB Graphic

This one has i7 quad core+ GTX950, so much better performance, but has a 768p screen, no OS, you need to increse its RAM too... It's a imported laptop, but ASUS provides international warranty, so no worries
Asus A550JX XX142D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" HD 4GB Nvidia 950M Graphics | eBay

OP
M

mindfreak2u

Broken In
If i do go with the ASUS one, then where will i find drivers for the laptop? Also, i was thinking of putting win7 instead of win10 as wi 10 gives problems with inputmapper!

Also ive heard of MSI laptops and all. If i could get my hands on them, which one should i get? I can also buy my laptop from abroad thats why i posted this question!

napsterv

Journeyman
If i do go with the ASUS one, then where will i find drivers for the laptop? Also, i was thinking of putting win7 instead of win10 as wi 10 gives problems with inputmapper!

Also ive heard of MSI laptops and all. If i could get my hands on them, which one should i get? I can also buy my laptop from abroad thats why i posted this question!

1)You won't get an MSI laptop in that budget.
2)Driver CD is included in the laptop but that laptop isn't stable properly with Windows 7. Everything above it is stable.
3)If you can get your hands on a laptop form abroad well and good....hoping you don't pay duties and stuff.

OP
M

mindfreak2u

Broken In
Acer Aspire V5 Series 573G-74508G1Taii NXMCES1003 Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.46999 Price in India - Buy Acer Aspire V5 Series 573G-74508G1Taii NXMCES1003 Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics) Notebook

I found this notebook as well. Should i take this if i get it instead of the HP one? Convincing mom dad to buy from ebay will be a task as ive had a very bad experience with ebay... Gt750m seems to perform better than gt940m

Acer Aspire V5 Series 573G-74508G1Taii NXMCES1003 Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics) Notebook Rs.46999 Price in India - Buy Acer Aspire V5 Series 573G-74508G1Taii NXMCES1003 Core i7 - (8 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Linux/4 GB Graphics) Notebook

I found this notebook as well. Should i take this if i get it instead of the HP one? Convincing mom dad to buy from ebay will be a task as ive had a very bad experience with ebay... Gt750m seems to perform better than gt940m

GT750 ~ GT940M, but the CPU is powerful, has a backlit keyboard, also remember, just 768p screen... Some cons are drivers n bad touchpad
I would still recommend HP... But its your choice

OP
M

mindfreak2u

Broken In
GT750 ~ GT940M, but the CPU is powerful, has a backlit keyboard, also remember, just 768p screen... Some cons are drivers n bad touchpad
I would still recommend HP... But its your choice
Why would you recommend the hp over the acer one? 4gb graphics vs 2gb graphics doesn't have much difference does it? I'm new to this so dont know.. Also if i could buy the asus one, should i go for it or take the hp one only? Thanks a lot!

Why would you recommend the hp over the acer one? 4gb graphics vs 2gb graphics doesn't have much difference does it? I'm new to this so dont know.. Also if i could buy the asus one, should i go for it or take the hp one only? Thanks a lot!

I'm recommending HP over Acer just because of better after sales & 1080p screen

Acer one has better CPU & GPU, not a phenomenal difference though. Still even if you buy this, there's nothing wrong. Acer one is a good choice too

ASUS one on the other hand has appreciable performance difference, even when compared to Acer one. So it is a great choice for gaming. You will have to settle with the 768p screen though, but that's acceptable

Top Bottom