Laptop for a Mechanical Engg, budget 40K

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Hey guys, it's been a while since I last posted here, I just kind of disappeared from the forums lately, but hey it's good to be back! Ok so I have a query, my brother who's in Mechanical 3rd year needs a laptop for designing purposes and he will be using softwares like Auto CAD, Solidworks and likes of these 3D designing softwares. What he desires is that they should work smoothly without any hiccups and the 3D viewports should be as smooth as possible (I am pretty sure a good combo of CPU+RAM+GPU is required for this). The problem is, I am out of sync of this laptop world so I need your expert opinions on which laptop (NOT ultrabook) to buy.

1) What is your budget?
Ans. 40,000 INR +-3K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Ans. 15" Only, not bigger, not any smaller as well

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Dell, Sony
b. Dislike: Acer, HCL

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Ans. Mostly designing in 3D, using Auto CAD and Solidworks. Mild gaming as well, as low to mid settings.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Ans. Screen type should be matte, allows for better sunlight viewing. Resolution, 1366x768 or above.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Ans. Local purchase only, not open to buying online. The base specifications I am looking for are -

Intel i5 3rd Gen
>4GB RAM (8GB Preferred)
A good GPU with 1GB VRAM
15.4" Screen
Should have good battery life

$hadow

Geek in making
HP Pavilion G4-2049TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com
Get this or else look for sammy series 3 so1in

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Guys thanks for replying, but how about this - HP Pavilion G6-2202TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2203TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion 15-B001TU Sleekbook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

I want good graphics power as well for 3D viewports in Solidwork and CAD, that's why I can't stress enough the importance of a good GPU preferrably an HD7670M or GT630M coupled with an Intel 4000 for low processing times.

Also, see in the some models, they specify Intel 4000 + HD 7670M and in others they simply write HD7670M, is there a difference? Does the latter support switchable graphics? Is that the reason why they don't write both the GPUs together because they can't switch between GPUs?

$hadow

Geek in making
Guys thanks for replying, but how about this - HP Pavilion G6-2202TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2203TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion 15-B001TU Sleekbook (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

I want good graphics power as well for 3D viewports in Solidwork and CAD, that's why I can't stress enough the importance of a good GPU preferrably an HD7670M or GT630M coupled with an Intel 4000 for low processing times.

Also, see in the some models, they specify Intel 4000 + HD 7670M and in others they simply write HD7670M, is there a difference? Does the latter support switchable graphics? Is that the reason why they don't write both the GPUs together because they can't switch between GPUs?

I would advice you to increase your budget to about 48 or 49 k and get lenovo z500 best in class gpu and performance.

OP
desiJATT

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Found a great great laptop for my budget, the HP Pavilion 2320TX. Has everything that I am asking for.

Anish9218

Journeyman
there's a HP warranty extension offer for this laptop - 2320tx (I just bought it 2 weeks back- Amazing Product btw) for 1999, you'll get the the 2nd and 3rd years warranty for a lesser price.
www.hp.com/in/buyandprotect
There are some conditions to be met to avail this offer. Do check it out.

Top Bottom