Laptop for a friend

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi,

My friend wants to buy a laptop. The criteria are as follows :

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) 30k TO 45k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Only Dell preferred. But open to suggestions/comparisons.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Mainly watching movies and web browsing and light to medium gaming (CS, AOE, NFS, etc so discreet GPU is a must). Also, good audio hardware.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer? Doesn't matter

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish) Looks does not matter but 9 cell battery preferred.

Thanks

You can't get a 9 cell battery laptop in that budget

Check this one if he's ok with no DVD drive. Its available at 41k in Snapdeal, so u can find it cheaper locally
NP370R5E-S05IN - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG India

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Just get a dell Inspiron they are the best IMO

Will fit ur budget and can do decent gaming I have a 7520 and trust me Its my favourite of my 3 laptops

Dell Inspiron 14R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Plus it has great warranty and great config though 9 cell can be purchased separately battery life is stable at 4-5 hours usually for me

Samsung sucks in after sales and design wise though config of Samsung and dell is usually similar in most models

Trust me dell has impressed me with the special edition series so much that for the same price I refused to get an Alienware from USA (I wanted warranty and great performance at once)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can't get a 9 cell battery laptop in that budget

Check this one if he's ok with no DVD drive. Its available at 41k in Snapdeal, so u can find it cheaper locally
NP370R5E-S05IN - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG India

It says that its 3 cell.

Just get a dell Inspiron they are the best IMO

Will fit ur budget and can do decent gaming I have a 7520 and trust me Its my favourite of my 3 laptops

Dell Inspiron 14R SE Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Plus it has great warranty and great config though 9 cell can be purchased separately battery life is stable at 4-5 hours usually for me

Samsung sucks in after sales and design wise though config of Samsung and dell is usually similar in most models

Trust me dell has impressed me with the special edition series so much that for the same price I refused to get an Alienware from USA (I wanted warranty and great performance at once)

Are Inspirons reliable? But I do agree that Dell provides good support. I will show this one to him and see what he says.

If he need a good battery backup he should wait for Haswell.

When is it coming out?

Also, what do you guys think about this?

*www.flipkart.com/dell-inspiron-15r-5521-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdm5uk6b4shzhh?pid=COMDM5UGGZANZPTA

Hrishi

It says that its 3 cell.

Are Inspirons reliable? But I do agree that Dell provides good support. I will show this one to him and see what he says.

When is it coming out?

Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

Well , it may have better battery life but the processor is an ULP model.

It says that its 3 cell.

Dell Inspiron 15R 5521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Dell: Flipkart.com

That Samsung one has battery backup of 3hrs.....

That Dell one has a slow CPU & GPU compared to other two laptops posted here..........

I would say, if DVD drive not needed, then Samsung, if DVD drive needed then HP (I don't know why ur friend rejected it)

or
How about this one ? Better than others.......just try to find it locally, u may get it for 45k
www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z500-59-380480-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-1tb-win8-1gb-graph/p/itmdhz79kjhjz5qz?pid=COMDHZ74QBWHCMZF&ref=321afbdc-196f-4e7b-b7ff-6d01f27eee38

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
If he is more onto gaming
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Top Bottom