Laptop for ~40k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I will be buying a laptop sometime next month.

I have a budget of 40k +/- 2k

I want a regular sized screen (15.6"). I'll be travelling quite a bit with it, (Home to work place, back and forth, once every week, ~70KM). So I'd prefer it to be a bit lightweight.

As for brands, I don't have any particular likes or dislikes. I am looking to avoid samsung though, haven't had a good experience with samsung products for some time now.

I'll mainly be using it for watching movies, office work and browsing Internet. But I also play the occasional game (one in a month maybe) and use photoshop. So I do want dedicated graphics.

I would prefer a matt finish screen.

Since I'm not living in a city currently, I'll most probably be ordering online. So I was looking up Flipkart and found these 2 and I got really confused:

HP Pavilion G6-2312AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2.5GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2320TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph): Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

Both are pretty similar except for the processor. I'm not really very updated on the APUs and would like to know more about it. While the Intel one has higher clock speed, AMD one has more cores. Both have a turbo core speed of 3.2 Ghz. So which one is a better option?

And please do suggest good alternatives, if there are any. Also suggest other websites from where I can order.

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
^what kind of games would you like to play, even if its occasional, if you are looking to play old titles at med res(which is the case here) and detail settings 7670m should suffice however you should be aware that 7670m is already outdated and chances of getting playable frame rates in new and upcoming games, with it, are really low.
The performance of a10 would be close to 3rd i3 or slightly less than 2nd gen i5 afaik. It might have an advantage or two when it comes to multi threaded opencl accelerated apps due to two additional physical cores (though am yet to see any solid evidence of this claim most reviewers make) btw in almost all other use cases (especially single threaded) the i5 comes out way better. Seeing your requirements I'd suggest you go with i5 as its available in your budget

Also you could have a look at lenovo z500 for about 2k more if you'd like a more future proof pick wrt gaming

Top Bottom