1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
35k max

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: asus (bought one for my gf, highly satisfied with it)
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
this is for my brother, he needs to do some office work, movies and sometimes gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
full hd screen preferred, if thats what you want to know

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

my brother lives in mumbai so he will buy it from lamington road. i will highly prefer asus laptops as they are very VFM, also they run very cool.

i have some options in asus:
asus x53ta-sx096d (will get it around 26k, will use the rest money on different thing then)

Asus K53SD-SX809D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook (over budget, but i think he will get it around 36-37k at lamington)

Sam22

TV Expert
Actually I have never used Asus laptops but I have heard about its nice performance. My brother who lives in Bangalore has an Asus laptop and he is really happy with it. I can't suggest you the exact model, however the above configuration seems better for you.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
go for the 2nd option for ASUS, my friend owns it and he is very happy with the lappy till date.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
asus x53ta-sx096d (will get it around 26k, will use the rest money on different thing then)

if your bother is ok with pentium dual core like performance, grab it. but remember this is a discounted piece and the screen quality is mediocre. but other than that, cheapest yet powerful laptop. processor can be overclocked safely.
Else check HP G6 2005AX and Samsung NP300E5X-A01IN. First one is for games, second for performance.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
actually my gf is using the same laptop (asus x53ta-sx096d) and she is very happy with its performance... and i dont think my brother will use it more than my gf, as he rarely get time after his PG and other stuffs... medical ka banda hai bhaiya :D

i will check the other laptops you suggested.. will compare and see... :)

thanx @sam @RON28 @sam22

btw hows samsung's and hp's ASS? comparative to asus's service.. i love theirs.

anyone?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have done extensive testing of the laptop. just you'll have to configure a few of the settings as some odd things are turned on by default. once configured laptop runs cool and game runs better.
in terms of service you get 1yr extra warranty free and may opt for 2yr package for some 1800-1900 though the extended warranty offer will expire on 30th september acc to flipkart.

drbones

Right off the assembly line
i have done extensive testing of the laptop. just you'll have to configure a few of the settings as some odd things are turned on by default. once configured laptop runs cool and game runs better.
in terms of service you get 1yr extra warranty free and may opt for 2yr package for some 1800-1900 though the extended warranty offer will expire on 30th september acc to flipkart.

sam, can u suggest what settings need to be configured, so tht the G62005ax runs better. thanks in advance.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
or can i buy from ebay and get a 500gb transcend external hdd+32gb pendrive(ebay gifts)? which offer is better?

what if my brother buy locally from lamington road?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sam, can u suggest what settings need to be configured, so tht the G62005ax runs better. thanks in advance.

first of all there is an option called vari-brightness that adjust screen brightness according to whats being played but it ends up causing distortion and all. secondly configuring the power option manually helps. powersaving & performance with its own set of processor speed and GPU to be used. though one will have to switch mode manually (just 2 click thing) but this brings in surprising better results than switching to auto like the default HP mode.

or can i buy from ebay and get a 500gb transcend external hdd+32gb pendrive(ebay gifts)? which offer is better?

what if my brother buy locally from lamington road?

locally should be available for 32k or less if there is some offer.

puran11

Right off the assembly line
HP’s ASS is really good , the optical drive in my HP Pavilion was not working properly, they changed it onsite within a couple of days.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
Are there many versions of hp g6 2005ax???
My brother went to lamington road and found hp g6 2005ax 'entry level' for around 25k. At a perticular shop where as other shops are selling hp g6 2005ax for 30.5k

Also in 'entry level' the processor is amd a8 quad core SINGLE CPU 1.6GHZ.

What is this?? Please help guys it's urgent as my brother wants to buy tomorrow.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
i am sure he was shown this: HP G6-1318AX and not 2005AX. Shopkeeper's silly trick.

Nah I asked him the same thing but brother told me its was hpg6 2005ax entry level for sure and the shopkeeper was offering another hpg6 2005ax 'graphics series' for 36k.

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
Yeah I already did that but don't know what that guy showed my brother but he's very much confident that it was g6 2005ax. Btw I have firmly suggested my brother to take it from the shop offering for 30.5k... Daal mein kuch kaala hai...

Top Bottom