Laptop for 35k for moderate gaming and programming

sentinel1991

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Max 35000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Asus,HP
b. Dislike: DELL,ACER,lenovo

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Multitasking (10-15 chrome tabs along with a HD movie plus downloads),Java,C++ Programming, Penetration Testing, Multiple distros via VMPlayer(linux)
Moderate Gaming (30-45 fps skyrim on full res)
Hdd 500 gb

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
preferably 1366x768 or above

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
I am going to buy it in Pune.
I have shortlisted HP G6-2005AX however I have doubts about the Amd processors
multitasking.
Also how does the A8 4500 M fare againsts its intel i3 brothers?

rider

as Kratos
AM8 A8 is not good for mutli-tasking and day to day performing work but in terms of gaming performance of it is superb for this low budget.
If your main concern is programming and multi-tasking get a laptop with Intel 3rd gen core-i5 3210M processor hp 2000 but with this you have to compromise with gaming performance. For both gaming and CPU performance better to increase your budget more.

Skyrim: AMD Trinity vs. Intel HD4000 Video • DigitalFoundry Video • Eurogamer.net

dsmarty

Journeyman
As rider said, get core i5 for all your multitasking needs. I have a desktop AMD PC. Its not that good for multi OS environment. It lags when using vmware.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Multitasking (10-15 chrome tabs along with a HD movie plus downloads),Java,C++ Programming, Penetration Testing, Multiple distros via VMPlayer(linux)

everything will work fine on A8 but penetration testing, may need more cpu power. Do check the system requirements.
And if you are going to do try linux disto through VM, you should be fine but dual boot mayn't be best option as its still a hit and miss affair, specially as A8 have dual GPU and Linux may have hard time detecting both GPU or the fusion GPU itself.

saiki4116

Broken In
support for trinity is baked in linux 3.4 kernel,but still there would be hiccups in using both discreet and integrated gpu simultaneously in Linux.

Top Bottom