Laptop Display Flickers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Hello guys...

My dad has an old laptop with this peculiar problem..

The screen is displayed at some positions, and not on some other.
I mean to say, first your laptop is folded.
You unfold it and turn it on.
Then you set the correct Viewing angle.
While doing to u have to tilt the LCD in accordance to the horizontal axis.
While doing THIS... it goes black(though if u look very closely, you can see impressions but cannot read the exact words on screen) at some positions and is completely okay at some.

I know there is some wire problem between main body and display but it is out of my capability to repair it myself.

Warranty period is Over and It was bought from UK.
The Make is Advent 6418:Intel Celeron 1 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GIG HDD

Any ideas how much it will cost to get it fixed? It should be easilt fixable, isnt it?

Anyone has gone through this kinda problem before...
If i remember therer was a user "santapg" who was expert on laptop repairs... Any of you guys know what has to be done and the MONEY FACTOR involved??

Thanks
Bikalpa

BUMP: What, no-one knows? Though too early to bump, but this was supposed to be urgent... :(

Last edited:
OP
bikdel

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Guys... i think ill have to look somewhere else.. anyways thanks for all those who at leaset viewed this thread...

Sourabh

Laptoping
Okay, you're not being precise here. Is the LCD display clear when you are right in front of the LCD?

Regarding Viewing angles: You would know that viewing angles are poor on laptops, especially so in pre-historic ones like the one you have.

Are you trying to explain that the LCD cannot be read? The point you mentioned about 'though if u look very closely, you can see impressions but cannot read the exact words on screen' is called dimming of LCD backlight. It's a very common problem and generally needs replacement of the inverter circuit/board.

If the display flickers randomly, then the connection between LCD and the inverter circuit must be loose. You should check all the points I've raised above by opening your laptop before giving it to technicians.

For more technical info, you can read my article here. Skip to page 3 directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom