Laptop Buying Help...

Rohit_11

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
-15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
-Mumbai, India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
-Like:Toshiba,ASUS,SONY
Dislike:dell

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
-Games, movies..

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
-Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
-CS, COD, MOH, NFS..

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
- Min 3 Hours

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
-prefer to see..

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
- no issue

i end up on toshiba L750-X5316.. and some asus models.. with same specs..
any other laptops better than this?

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
doesn't they have any authorised dealers in India? and what about their support?

They have authorised dealers support is onsite and it good you can compare to dell, build quality is great you can gor that laptop for any information call in this number its toll free 1800- 2090365

direct2deal

I like your suggestion and post and for laptop buying I first prefer ASUS Eee PC 1215P-MU17-RD OPEN BOX 12.1" Netbook Only in $271.50 I perches it online from direct2deal site....

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
I like your suggestion and post and for laptop buying I first prefer ASUS Eee PC 1215P-MU17-RD OPEN BOX 12.1" Netbook Only in $271.50 I perches it online from direct2deal site....

If you are in us buy it from online its way cheaper out there

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Asus is having authorized dealer as well as exclusive showrooms also,I have visited one in Nehru Place,Delhi.
A guy told me here on TDF that it is available for 44k in Bangalore

aroraanant

Explorer
Try getting it from a local shop and bargain as much as you can, if not for 44k then you can surely get it for 45-46k after bargaining

OP
R

Rohit_11

still havent bought laptop coz of my health :(
asus K53SV-SX521D..
i just checked today.. none of the shop going below 47? :(
i checked at asus retailer he said if i buy from flipkart or any other site asus wont provide onsite warranty...
so should i go for it at 47K?

sdmaverick

Journeyman
still havent bought laptop coz of my health :(
asus K53SV-SX521D..
i just checked today.. none of the shop going below 47? :(
i checked at asus retailer he said if i buy from flipkart or any other site asus wont provide onsite warranty...
so should i go for it at 47K?

Dude, Asus retailer is only trying to increase his sales by saying Asus doesn't give onsite warranty if you order from Flipkart. THATS A LOAD OF RUBBISH! I have ordered theK53SV (i7) from Flipkart.com and faced a problem with the charger so called Asus engineer for onsite visit. He said yes, the problem exists & Flipkart was gracious enough to replace the complete laptop with a new one.

FLIPKART has a 30day replacement scheme as well, you'll be surprised in my case, I got the replacement twice (first they listed the wrong specs so returned, 2nd case charger problem so replaced)

I have made it a point to only buy from flipkart sinceI have peace of mind that way!

Cheers!

Top Bottom