Laptop battery

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I have a laptop and Windows7. The laptop battery symbol on the taskbar has X on it, saying that “Consider replacing your battery”.
Has the laptop battery become out of order or not?

While I am working on the laptop, there may be frequent power failures. Are there any free softwares to get the lost data recovered automatically and immediately and to prevent the OS from being corrupted as the result of power failures?

Lincon_WD

WD Official
Hi kumarn_2004,

I'd suggest you to use the laptop until it shuts down itself because of the empty battery. Now don't charge your laptop yet. Try to switch on your laptop, if it doesn't start means that your laptop battery is totally empty.

After that you can charge your laptop. Start your laptop and see if the error still exists.
When your battery is 100% charged, stop charging your laptop. Use your laptop until the battery is totally empty.

It will help to determine that the issue is with the battery or with the OS?

For backup, I suggest you to have a copy or two in another location. Preferably on an external hard drive if you are suspecting any kind of damage to your laptop. It's better to take precautions instead of spending money on the data recovery.

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom