Lappy needed for graphic designing and gaming (50-55k)

Kishal

Aadivasi Hungryyy!!!
1) What is your budget?
INR 50k--55k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
14" or 15",weight doesn't matter

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
CAD designing, Aero and Fluid dynamics modelling, Impact analysis simulation aaaaaannnnndddd GAMING

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
1366x768 or 1920x1080 glossy

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
I am a student studying automotive design engg. and have to do a gracious amount of CAD and other graphically intensive tasks (mentioned above).
Good build quality would be a plus, because I most probably have to use the same lappy for the next five years.
Lastly I'm pretty damn confused whether I should wait for haswell (I can wait at max till october end), or go with Ivy bridge based configs only.
thx in advance.

bala_cpu

Broken In
Glossy screen has better colour reproduction.........(Compared Y500 & Samsung S02IN side by side)

Considering your budget, get Samsung NP550P5C S05IN, after waiting till oct end.........

oh , nice to know but screen reflectivity will be compromised right? btw any reason for the price drop?

Gollum

Collector
you cannot get anything for graphics design and 1920x1080 resolution for that less amount.
the screen of all consumer laptops suk big time and its better to get any laptop and plug in 1920x1080 IPS display to that.
What do you really mean by graphic design?

OP
Kishal

Kishal

Aadivasi Hungryyy!!!
@bala_cpu
as anupam_pb said, glossy screens have better color reproduction in general, and refletiveness is not an issue to me.
@anupam_pb
the sammy sells for about 60k right now. are u sure it'll fall into my budget by october (I'm an engg student and have barely managed to coax my dad into spending 55k, and hence I cant spend a penny over that)
@gollum
since I'm an engg student..... I hope u understand that buying a second screen is out of the question.
as for the graphic design thing, sorry for the sh&*ty thread title. I'll be using AutoCAD, Solidworks, RASaero and a few more softwares pretty much daily, and I'll also need the adobe creative suite pretty often.

Top Bottom