lappy for around 60 to 70k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toocool

Journeyman
After a lot of research here and other sites.. I bought my desktop PC 2 months ago... I hope you guys remember me ;)

Now i am looking to buy a lappy for myself :)

I want Good performance, good looks and good backup..

Now the basic spec requirement is..

1) Pentium M atleast 1.7 Ghz
2) 512 MB DDR atleast (DDR 2 and 1gb preferably)
3) Good battery backup (atleast 3 hours)
4) Built in graphics card
5) Card reader
6) Bluetooth
7) Wifi and Lan
8) 14+ inch (minimum wouldnt mind if its a 15 inch) screen ( which would be better wide or normal?)
9) 3 to 4 USB ports
10) DVD writer (is a must) swappable would be better
11) 80 Gb HDD (minimum)
12) Weight within 3 kgs

Now to the budget its around 60 to 70k.. I want a lappy which is easily upgradable..

And also is this the right time to buy? I have heard of perpendicular Hdds coming out soon.. So should i wait? are the notebooks prices gonna drop rapidly soon?

Kindly recommend 2 or 3 notebooks with good performance & looks....

Thanks in advance :)

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Dude,

Just go for IBM/Lenovo series. The whole machine is shall I call it is like a nokia high end phone sturdy with good (but not the best) features. Apart of this the DVD rom quality has deteriorated it is such a fragile tray with lot of play. My previous lappye R51 which I bought in 2002 (which cost me a fortune) is very very sturdy though a little heavy but not much of features. but this lenovo T43/lenovo is good with good features and also light weight, i got it around 70+. Check out VIO series, they are also good, but they stil have not mastered the art of making system sturdy.
But all this depend on what kind of user are you?......:) :twisted: :twisted:

reddragon

In the zone
Dell 6000 . it will cost much less and fullfilling ur criteria .

and just check its review at notebookreview.com

default config comes with CD-RW and DVD reader but u can configuare it to DVDRW . cost will be around 50k . best buy laptop .

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
but i heard the service and support of dell is very bad.. :( My dealer adviced me not to get a notebook from dell..

He recommends Hp Compaq as their support is very good especially in India..

what do u guys say?

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Go for Dell Inspiron 9400. It has got 17 inch ultra-sharp screen with 512 MB memory. Thats the best for your budget dude. :)

OP
T

Toocool

Journeyman
read my previous post...

Anywayz.. i donn wanna get a 17 inch screen.. max 15 inches.. I dont want the notebook to be huge...

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Dude,

I am convinced about the pathetic service of Dell. My friend suffered a lot for the service of Dell notebook. On top of this Dell notebook piece looks aweful, sorry I have not seen any latest version.
Why dont you try your hand on Sony series they have great piece, dont know their after sales service.
But thing for sure, this goddamn thing about facination thing fades away within a month, and finally one has to face the realities of performance (very important), after sales(very important), screen resolution, egronomic design (very important) and sturdy ness (very important). Boss believe you me I have still not got a single major hurdle with my previous R51 and present T43 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom