1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Language to learn

Discussion in 'Programming' started by hemant_mathur, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur -- No Easter Eggs here --

I wanna know what computer languages should one be knowing to have a career in software. I currently know c, c++, html, flash.

2. startmenu

startmenu New Member

First of all let me clear i am not the best guy in the forum to answer your question,but let me have my say.

1) If you want a career in web development,then i think you should choose either Java/.NET platform and as you already know HTML,FLASH it will give you the initial boost. For web development i guess you also need to learn a pro image editing tool DreamWeaver/Phptoshop. But if you are through in Java only it will land you on a good career,no nothing is required.
    2) Also C,C++ are very good languages. If you can code serious programs then you can be easily absorbed in s/w industry. ( device drivers,socket programming etc).

The field and scope of S/W industry is so vast that i can not describe it all. But the punch line is " for starters ,know one language properly and leave no stone untouched in that language" . I hope you got my point.

P.S - If you are intesested to build a career in search engine optimization ask deep,if interested to foray in Linux ask brainiacs in Open Source.

3. OP
    OP
    hemant_mathur

thanx for the reply ..

4. Desmond David

Desmond David Destroy Erase Improve

You may follow startmenu's advice, but, it is wise to learn C/C++ first, since, it the base for most Programming Languages. You may then forage into VB,Java,etc.

5. q3_abhi

q3_abhi New Member

Get a good command over C,C++. This will really help you. C n C++ is the base for programing.

6. OP
    OP
    hemant_mathur

well then i suppose its decided by majority votes ... C and C++ are very important and thats what i am gonna work on ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.