Language to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I wanna know what computer languages should one be knowing to have a career in software. I currently know c, c++, html, flash.

startmenu

Broken In
First of all let me clear i am not the best guy in the forum to answer your question,but let me have my say.

1) If you want a career in web development,then i think you should choose either Java/.NET platform and as you already know HTML,FLASH it will give you the initial boost. For web development i guess you also need to learn a pro image editing tool DreamWeaver/Phptoshop. But if you are through in Java only it will land you on a good career,no nothing is required.
2) Also C,C++ are very good languages. If you can code serious programs then you can be easily absorbed in s/w industry. ( device drivers,socket programming etc).

The field and scope of S/W industry is so vast that i can not describe it all. But the punch line is " for starters ,know one language properly and leave no stone untouched in that language" . I hope you got my point.

P.S - If you are intesested to build a career in search engine optimization ask deep,if interested to foray in Linux ask brainiacs in Open Source.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You may follow startmenu's advice, but, it is wise to learn C/C++ first, since, it the base for most Programming Languages. You may then forage into VB,Java,etc.

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
well then i suppose its decided by majority votes ... C and C++ are very important and thats what i am gonna work on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom