LAN query!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys

I have a few computers connected to each other via a switch, the rough diagram of which is as follows:

*img252.imageshack.us/img252/1695/outlayxl0.jpg

Please help with answers with the following doubts:

1. I have enabled Internet sharing in PC1, which actually gets connected to the net via ADSL Modem. At present I am able to access from all PC's without a problem. Even if PC1 is not connected to the net, if I try to access the net from any other PC, PC1 automatically gets connected.
    What I want to know is that is it possible to disconnect the internet connect from other PC's other than PC1.
  2. As there are ways to switch off / restart / log off any PC in the network, is there a way to a PC to standby mode via some other PC on the network. I actually want to put PC1 to standby from PC2. Is it possible.
  3. If I enable file sharing of any drive in any particular PC, all other PC's are able to access the files without any restrictions. Is there a way to set a password so that only the person with the correct password can see the files.
Please help.

Thank you.

hansraj

In the zone
The solution to ur prob in sl no 1 & 2 will be the use of software such as VNC server or Remote Admin. The prob of sl no 3 can be solved quite easily in Vista though i am not aware of the method in XP. But I am sure it is possible without the use of third party software as i have come across such restriction in my past in some pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom